+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living aboard

dee2019

Aug 23, 2019
Hi there! My daughter is a canadian citizen, born and graduated from canada, has the opportunity to have a job in middle east as ECE for almost 6 years. she got engaged in summer time and i was there to attend her engagement party. Due to the crisis there ( no safety) i am encouraging her to come back , her concern is she doesn't want to leave her fiancé there, so my question is : how to help her to get him a visa to come to canada in order to marry here under the canadian law, and what are the best requirements , thanks in advance (by the way we know there is no more fiancé visa but what the best way for them to come together )

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there! My daughter is a canadian citizen, born and graduated from canada, has the opportunity to have a job in middle east as ECE for almost 6 years. she got engaged in summer time and i was there to attend her engagement party. Due to the crisis there ( no safety) i am encouraging her to come back , her concern is she doesn't want to leave her fiancé there, so my question is : how to help her to get him a visa to come to canada in order to marry here under the canadian law, and what are the best requirements , thanks in advance (by the way we know there is no more fiancé visa but what the best way for them to come together )
Not enough info. You'll need to tell us what passport her fiance holds. Also - have they lived together at least one full year?

dee2019

Aug 23, 2019
He hold lebanese passport, yes they are being together for more than year, but not married! What kind of proof they need to submi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He hold lebanese passport, yes they are being together for more than year, but not married! What kind of proof they need to submi
He would have to qualify on his own. A fiancée in Canada would hurt his application. Does he have a longterm job, previous international travel to countries like Canada, property in his name, etc. Basically ties to show he will not stay in Canada longterm even though that is what he is planning on doing. He would not be able to work until they got married and filed for sponsorship with a work permit. It would take around 4 months after that to get a work permit.

dee2019

Aug 23, 2019
So you are suggesting to apply by his own by providing ties he will not stay in canada, so any invitation letter from her or me doesn't help to improve chance of acceptance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So you are suggesting to apply by his own by providing ties he will not stay in canada, so any invitation letter from her or me doesn't help to improve chance of acceptance
His chances of getting approval for increase without a Canadian fiancée in because there will be concerns that he wants to get married and stay longterm. He would have to apply to visit like any other tourist. Someone can invite him but you should not lie about her relationship so saying she is friends with him and she wants to invite him to Canada would be a misleading statement. Sounds like she is not in Canada as well. He can either say he want to visit Canada for 2 weeks and include an itinerary would be an option or you or another friend could provide a letter of invitation. He should only ask for 1-2 weeks. When he arrives at the airport he will be given a 6 month entry unless otherwise specified. Getting a visa to visit Canada is very difficult especially for younger people since they often don’t have property, savings, etc.

dee2019

Aug 23, 2019
So as I can understand his chance to get a visa is so low even if she is with him right now.
Invitation letter will hurt the sender record if he switches later to stay in canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So as I can understand his chance to get a visa is so low even if she is with him right now.
Invitation letter will hurt the sender record if he switches later to stay in canada.
His chances are low partially because he is engaged to a Canadian. No, invitation letter will not hurt him as a long as he is honest in the invitation letter. Would not recommend she state that they are friends and then file for sponsorship and state they were engaged at the time. Again stating he is engaged in an invitation letter is likely to hurt his application,

dee2019

Aug 23, 2019
Back to my concern, invitation letter from inside canada will hurt the sender in the future if he switched from visitor to be sponsered. What is recommend it to write in the letter if we are not related

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Back to my concern, invitation letter from inside canada will hurt the sender in the future if he switched from visitor to be sponsered. What is recommend it to write in the letter if we are not related
is it possible for them to get married there?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No. You can invite the boy as a family friend if you want or he can apply without an invitation letter. The chances of getting a visa are pretty low unless he has done previous international travel to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc., has a longterm job paying a similar salary to at least minimum wage in Canada and has property. Would not do any wedding planning until you find out whether he can get a TRV. It is much harder than I think you realize.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Let us say yes ! So what is the
if they can get married there then she can file a spousal sponsorship. or if they have been living together currently for one year then they can apply now as common law. they have to be living together I know previously you mentioned they have been together but not sure if you meant in a relationship or physically living together.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
she could apply for common law sponsorship but only if they were literally living together. Dating and even get engaged is not enough. Somehow I doubt that it would be so easy to just live together in Middle East if you are not married yet.
She is free to marry him and then start spousal sponsorship.