+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Liver cancer -Urgent

Christine666

Sep 21, 2021
Hello all, i got the Medical exam request for my parent under PGP program. Sally, my mom has a liver caner, and under Chemo, but she is in the early stage,.
do anyone know similar cases? I am worried and afraid she cannot pass the medical exam. thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all, i got the Medical exam request for my parent under PGP program. Sally, my mom has a liver caner, and under Chemo, but she is in the early stage,.
do anyone know similar cases? I am worried and afraid she cannot pass the medical exam. thank you
It's very difficult for any of us to give you advice or say what will happen. If she is undergoing cancer treatment, then there is definitely a chance she will be deemed medically inadmissible. Ideally she should complete all of her treatments and be declared cancer free. However this would require you to withdraw / cancel the application and apply for the lottery again later once she is healthy. You could also take the chance and have her complete the medical now. There's no easy path here unfortunately.

I hope she gets better soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your mother’s oncologist needs provide information on her disease type and stage, current treatment, treatment plan (medication and how long), whether surgery is necessary and what type of surgery although that is really the domain of a surgical oncologist, how many scans are likely to be needed and what type of scans and lastly what is her prognosis is. Unfortunately with cancer treatments there tend to be bumps in the road during your treatment like having to treat low blood levels (meds can be expensive), you may need an unplanned hospitalization, etc. which makes calculating cost of treatment a bit tricky. Your mother will have completed part of her treatment in her home country so that would also be a factor. Is your mother over 65? When it comes to approval it will depend on many things like the type of cancer and stage, how much of the treatment has been done in her home country, what type of surgery is needed, the cost of the chemo, whether radiation is necessary, etc. It is possible she could still get approval especially if the cancer at an ally stage. I would speak to your mother’s doctors and ask them to start preparing the information I listed so that she can submit more information on her health during her medical. Unfortunately most doctors charge a fee for letters like this.

Reactions: Keepsthefaith

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
Hi all! Immunotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses the patient's own immune system to fight cancer cells. The immune system is trained to recognize and attack cancer cells, either by boosting the natural immune response or by introducing modified immune cells that are better able to target cancer cells. Several immunotherapy drugs are currently available or under development, including pembrolizumab, nivolumab, ipilimumab, and atezolizumab, and others can be found at the fenbenlab shop. These drugs have shown promise in clinical trials and are being used to treat a variety of cancers, including melanoma, lung cancer, and bladder cancer.

Last edited: