+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in Quebec after FSW/EE PR

Oct 2, 2017
In a similar situation.

Outland applicant. Received COPR. Tried to find job in Toronto but no luck. Eventually got a job but location is Montreal. Not sure to accept it or reject it.

Leaning towards rejecting it or asking employer to provide job location in Toronto.
I am now living in Montreal. You just have to land outside Quebec and can then move there the next day. Thre is no rule or check which stops you.

Reactions: SKSV

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am now living in Montreal. You just have to land outside Quebec and can then move there the next day. Thre is no rule or check which stops you.
What about health card and SIN ? Any issue obtaining? How soon did you move to QC after Landing?

Oct 2, 2017
What about health card and SIN ? Any issue obtaining? How soon did you move to QC after Landing?
The SIN can be obtained directly at the airport on landing or even the next day. For health card, you have to show them that you have a SIN number, your COPR and valid address proof or job confirmation. Basically, which shows them that you are living in Quebec. Thankfully, No issues in getting any of the document, I was very nervous before getting these.I moved to Quebec after landing in Toronto after 2 days.

Reactions: Jack_Jack

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The SIN can be obtained directly at the airport on landing or even the next day. For health card, you have to show them that you have a SIN number, your COPR and valid address proof or job confirmation. Basically, which shows them that you are living in Quebec. Thankfully, No issues in getting any of the document, I was very nervous before getting these.I moved to Quebec after landing in Toronto after 2 days.

That's great. I know about getting Health card n Ontario. Just confused about Quebec. Hopefully there will be no issue

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I have got confirmation of Permanent residency in Canada; hence would get my PR shortly through FSW/EE program. However, my current employer is offering me a job in Montreal, Quebec. Will it be possible for me to accept that and live in Quebec?
this is a Quebec's government page that could help you to know what you need for living in Quebec
http://www.gouv.qc.ca/EN/Pages/accueil.aspx

the folowwing link woild help you (in french)
http://www4.gouv.qc.ca/FR/Portail/Citoyens/Evenements/immigrer-au-quebec/Pages/parcours-personalises-installer-quebec.aspx?parcours=Resident_permanent_ou_citoyen_canadien&approbation=OK

Swap16

Feb 12, 2018
I am in same situation have a job offer from employer based in Montreal. Can I give Montreal, Quebec address to receive my PR card? I have got the PR through Express Entry program.

Jack_Jack

Oct 5, 2018

Hi! So they did not ask you for the Québec selection certificate to get a heath car?

KannaGH

Jun 4, 2018
Hi friends

I have applied for the CSQ March 2017 but I was not having any hopes, so I have applied for Express entry, when EE application is in work I got my CSQ.

Is it possible to move the Quebec after I got PR for Toronto.

PGstudent2014

Jun 3, 2020

Hi Jazpreet,
I was reading your post and believed you moved to QC in 2018. It is now 2021, did you face any issues in the years? Were you able to apply for citizenship ?
Please do let me know as I recently moved to MTL and am confused in case there will any complications in future.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: kksharma3951