+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

loi

Jun 24, 2014
hi.. i have an employer in canada already, i have also an LMO & they r now starting the process.. i am working here as an elementary teacher. we nid to know if i still need to undergo a caregiver training & the English proficiency program.. how long will the process takes place? pls reply soon bcause the LMO s good for only 6months...Thank you very much... God bless More power..

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loi said:
hi.. i have an employer in canada already, i have also an LMO & they r now starting the process.. i am working here as an elementary teacher. we nid to know if i still need to undergo a caregiver training & the English proficiency program.. how long will the process takes place? pls reply soon bcause the LMO s good for only 6months...Thank you very much... God bless More power..

Hi!

From where are you coming from? All i know is, it depends on the country where you at.
Some country doesn't have english test, some takes 3-6 months complete processing and some takes 24 months one of those country is philippines.

BicolanoMan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
07-07-2020
mytammy said:
I think no update. Everybody waiting for 3-in-1 kit. I hope we receive good news soon.
wala parin. :( tagal na natin naghihintay...

Gabbless

Jun 1, 2014
BicolanoMan said:
wala parin. :( tagal na natin naghihintay...
My friends 2014 applicants have already their aip + kit. :) I don't know what why they skipped 2012 applicants. Still waiting.......

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
2012 applicants, try calling cic and tell them of your situation...my friend who submitted her appln oct2012 called cic and questioned them why she didn't received her medical request for dependants...she called cic as soon as she knew i receive my 3-in-1 ahead of her....c",)

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
2 weeks after she received her mr...now her husband had medical last week...c",)

rhiyen13

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natsy said:
2 weeks after she received her mr...now her husband had medical last week...c",)
Hi Natsy,

My husband phoned CIC many times. However, he was told by the staff to wait. They're still doing background check etc. I don't understand why there is a background check given that he already received his AIP. CIC mentioned that if there is no kit by October then try calling them again.

6 months and no kit until now. Really frustrating...

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Natsy, from what country did u came from? Maybe I think CIC process application fast for other nationalities but very slow for Philippines. Because I read in fb that my friend post they will change the live in caregiver program because they said that many Filipinos hire family and CIC do not like it. They said about 90% of caregiver applicants from Philippines. So maybe they are discriminating Philippines because many apply to come to Canada :(

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
kemoya22 said:
Hi I dont normally reply to msg but I think you need soe guidance. They are investigating your marriage becayae you havent provided enough information to prove the marriage is genuine. I applied initially as a.dingle applucant and then changed my status to marriage while my application was in process. I provided copies of pics of my wedding I established a clear timeline from when my husband and I met to when we got married providing copies of my entries back to my home country and his trios here. This was to eliminate any doubt that the relationship was genuine. I nevet had any issues with cic....they contacted my husband right away and ask him to do his paperwork.

If possible send these documentation yo the local office as they like when we are proactive and provide the information readily. It shows that we are transparent and there is nothing to hide. Photocopy ur husband visa page and his entry to canada visiting you or vice versa. You can never be too thorough.

Good luck

Ratings: +0
[Good] [Poor]

Re: Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.
« Reply #881 on: June 22, 2014, 11:29:44 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi,
I m live in care giver ,did apply for PR in dec/2011 and also include my husband's name in my application .I got my OPEN Work permit in Mar/2012.in Oct/2013 I got letter from CIC mention that they transfer my file without first approval to local office for further assessment, when they complete processing ,then will let me know decision by mail. last week Immigration officer went to my home country and did inquiry about my marriage that is it genius or not ? and ask many people's around my in-laws home .and confirm about my marriage and also investigate that did i stay with my husband after marriage or not..everyone gave answer .yes this is genius marriage and also let them know that last month she come to here and stayed with her hubby.plz reply me if some had same experience or some one advise me that why they went to my home country for investigation ..I didn't get AIP and my husband didn't get LC2.then why they investigate without, give me approval ? and will they can ask me for interview before AIP.Plz reply
Thanks for reply,,,I think you r right..I didn't send my wedding pics to cic .

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
Yup, there normal reply is that it is under background check and that they cannot comment on other applications because they do not know what is happening w/ the others. Not much choice for us really but to wait :(

may25

Mar 28, 2013
loi said:
hi.. i have an employer in canada already, i have also an LMO & they r now starting the process.. i am working here as an elementary teacher. we nid to know if i still need to undergo a caregiver training & the English proficiency program.. how long will the process takes place? pls reply soon bcause the LMO s good for only 6months...Thank you very much... God bless More power.

Is your LMO stated that your a caregiver? If its, English proficiency program or IETS is not require, but as far as i know you have to undergo caregiver training including the NC II.

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhiyen13 said:
Any updates 2012 applicants? We still have no kit... :(

Hi,

I am 2012 applicant and we received our LC2 kit 2013 dec. and submitted this march 2014.