+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

sister

Jun 12, 2014
HI Hope you will help me find an answer cos I am planning to hire my sister as nanny here just to get here in Canada but is it possible if she can get here and she will apply for a new job since she is a nurse Can she do that Thanks your help will be much appreciated

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
sister said:
HI Hope you will help me find an answer cos I am planning to hire my sister as nanny here just to get here in Canada but is it possible if she can get here and she will apply for a new job since she is a nurse Can she do that Thanks your help will be much appreciated
[/quotes
She has to be employed as nanny for two years then while she is in lcp she has to do assessment at ontario college of nursing if she is in ontario i dont know with other place. She has to take an exam for RPN or if she wants to be RN she has to study and take the exam. But first she has to do an assessment is the first step.

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Ellan is right. My friend she is a nurse in Manila and she come to Canada under LCG program and have to finish 24mos contract and when she have OWP she try to apply but she said for RN you have to go back to school so she thinking because only PR or citizen can apply for RN course because if you are not PR or citizen you pay tuition like international student and you need to apply for study permit. And my friend she said international student pay 3x the tuition if you are not PR or citizen.

davaoena

May 18, 2014
Visa Office......
veg.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 12, 2012
Med's Request
nov 03, 2014
Med's Done....
nov 22, 2014
Interview........
sooon ❤
Passport Req..
soon❤
VISA ISSUED...
soooonest ❤
LANDED..........
soon ❤
hi po just wanna ask a question about that nursing.
fourth year na po this year ang ate ko nursing po siya and our mother is planning to get us and live in canada,
so what do you prefer ipa board exam po ang ate ko dito sa pilipinas or nevermind na lang muna
if the case is kailangan niya parin mag study if ever maka go na kami sa canada?

any opinion would be highly appreciated. :)

good day po.

still waiting for 3in1 kit.
2012 applicant mama ko :D

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
davaoena said:
hi po just wanna ask a question about that nursing.
fourth year na po this year ang ate ko nursing po siya and our mother is planning to get us and live in canada,
so what do you prefer ipa board exam po ang ate ko dito sa pilipinas or nevermind na lang muna
if the case is kailangan niya parin mag study if ever maka go na kami sa canada?

any opinion would be highly appreciated. :)

good day po.

still waiting for 3in1 kit.
2012 applicant mama ko :D
if by graduation, you guys do not receive passport request yet, I suggest she take the board exams. It is relatively easy, no need to fear. It's a good add-on to her resume too.

davaoena

May 18, 2014
Visa Office......
veg.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 12, 2012
Med's Request
nov 03, 2014
Med's Done....
nov 22, 2014
Interview........
sooon ❤
Passport Req..
soon❤
VISA ISSUED...
soooonest ❤
LANDED..........
soon ❤
oh thank you po.

so if ever maka board exam na siya at pumasa naman
pwede na po ba maka apply siya sa mga hospital sa canada
if nanduon na kami?

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If she can't practice as RN yet, she can try LPN first, processing is way faster.. Most of my co-nurses at Asian Hospital who were already nurse supervisors did that. So I guess it is the easier choice.

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
davaoena said:
oh thank you po.

so if ever maka board exam na siya at pumasa naman
pwede na po ba maka apply siya sa mga hospital sa canada
if nanduon na kami?
She needs to have her credentials assessed first, and pass the CRNE (NCLEX by Jan 2015). What I'm suggesting is that she should take the local board exams and get more experience while waiting for your visas. So when she gets assessed by the board of Nursing in Canada, she has more credentials at hand. Stock up on weapons before going to war. :)

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
Gabless, replied to your msg but it says your inbox is full :)

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hi,
I m live in care giver ,did apply for PR in dec/2011 and also include my husband's name in my application .I got my OPEN Work permit in Mar/2012.in Oct/2013 I got letter from CIC mention that they transfer my file without first approval to local office for further assessment, when they complete processing ,then will let me know decision by mail. last week Immigration officer went to my home country and did inquiry about my marriage that is it genius or not ? and ask many people's around my in-laws home .and confirm about my marriage and also investigate that did i stay with my husband after marriage or not..everyone gave answer .yes this is genius marriage and also let them know that last month she come to here and stayed with her hubby.plz reply me if some had same experience or some one advise me that why they went to my home country for investigation ..I didn't get AIP and my husband didn't get LC2.then why they investigate without, give me approval ? and will they can ask me for interview before AIP.Plz reply

MarcxCruz18

Jan 29, 2014
Aman82 said:
Hi,
I m live in care giver ,did apply for PR in dec/2011 and also include my husband's name in my application .I got my OPEN Work permit in Mar/2012.in Oct/2013 I got letter from CIC mention that they transfer my file without first approval to local office for further assessment, when they complete processing ,then will let me know decision by mail. last week Immigration officer went to my home country and did inquiry about my marriage that is it genius or not ? and ask many people's around my in-laws home .and confirm about my marriage and also investigate that did i stay with my husband after marriage or not..everyone gave answer .yes this is genius marriage and also let them know that last month she come to here and stayed with her hubby.plz reply me if some had same experience or some one advise me that why they went to my home country for investigation ..I didn't get AIP and my husband didn't get LC2.then why they investigate without, give me approval ? and will they can ask me for interview before AIP.Plz reply
is your husband in the philippines?

kimchiboy

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegraville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2012
Doc's Request.
Sep 4, 2014 (Sent 9/28)
Med's Request
Sep 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Sep 16, 2014 (emedical received cic 9/23)
Interview........
May 18
Passport Req..
January 30, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
Hi,

I think you mean the marriage is genuine not genius. Anyway, there maybe doubts with your supporting documents. I and my wife got married when she had a 1 month vacation and we only spent time as married couple for 20 days as I am also working overseas. There is no such thing as investigation coming with us instead we're waiting now for the 3in1 kit as per advise by the agent my wife previously had conversation with. My wife submitted authenticated documents on her LC1. I also visited Canada already able to managed getting a multiple visa just to be with my wife for a couple of weeks. Make sure your documents are all authenticated or notarized to avoid such issues with your husband. Good luck!

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
Hi I dont normally reply to msg but I think you need soe guidance. They are investigating your marriage becayae you havent provided enough information to prove the marriage is genuine. I applied initially as a.dingle applucant and then changed my status to marriage while my application was in process. I provided copies of pics of my wedding I established a clear timeline from when my husband and I met to when we got married providing copies of my entries back to my home country and his trios here. This was to eliminate any doubt that the relationship was genuine. I nevet had any issues with cic....they contacted my husband right away and ask him to do his paperwork.

If possible send these documentation yo the local office as they like when we are proactive and provide the information readily. It shows that we are transparent and there is nothing to hide. Photocopy ur husband visa page and his entry to canada visiting you or vice versa. You can never be too thorough.

Good luck

Ratings: +0
[Good] [Poor]

Re: Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.
« Reply #881 on: June 22, 2014, 11:29:44 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi,