+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

UGirl

Apr 13, 2014
maplesirup said:
I received an email today ( sent it sept. 2012)! I'm married but my husband is already in Canada working on a Work Visa. They approved finally his OWP and he got an email saying he has to see an doctor for his medical examination! Yes!
I didn't expect to get an email at all but so happy!My Ecas is still application received though.
Good luck to all of you :) ;)
Hi Maplesirup. I have a question for you. Your situation is seems close to mine. I applied for PR and OWP at the same time, my husband is in Canada too on a Work Visa and of course I added him in my application for PR. I am wondering about OWP, will he receive it at the same time as me or it takes longer for family members? Please describe your situation, how long it took for your husband to receive an OWP? Thanks for any info

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Hi guys,
We all have the same sentiments. I am an april 2012 applicant and the last letter I got from CIC etobicoke last nov 2013 was to pay my husband and my RPRF and do I did and aldo submitted the vontact info of my family. Last dec, i kept on emailing CEM but the jan 2014 I got email from CEM that my dependents will be process here in canada.
After i had my vacation for a month and i was back last week. I followed up my application but it seems that they really did not do something to the last quarter of 2011 and 2012 applicants with dependents. It's been a long time. Sana namn mabigyan na tayo ng pansin. Lets all unite and pray at the same time like 8pm everyday and lift up our papers. Kspit bisig tayo sa pagdasal na maenlighten ang mga officers at bigyang pansin na tayo..

BicolanoMan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
07-07-2020
ellann said:
Hi guys,
We all have the same sentiments. I am an april 2012 applicant and the last letter I got from CIC etobicoke last nov 2013 was to pay my husband and my RPRF and do I did and aldo submitted the vontact info of my family. Last dec, i kept on emailing CEM but the jan 2014 I got email from CEM that my dependents will be process here in canada.
After i had my vacation for a month and i was back last week. I followed up my application but it seems that they really did not do something to the last quarter of 2011 and 2012 applicants with dependents. It's been a long time. Sana namn mabigyan na tayo ng pansin. Lets all unite and pray at the same time like 8pm everyday and lift up our papers. Kspit bisig tayo sa pagdasal na maenlighten ang mga officers at bigyang pansin na tayo..
why these things happened to us.. no updates since december when most of the 2012 applicants received AIP.. 4 months waiting and counting... oh my.. :eek:

maplesirup

Nov 15, 2012
Ugirl: My husband received his OWP December 2013 when I got AIP. He had to wait one year longer than me.
He also was aked to do his medical what he did in January 2014. They added " medical received" into my ecas status but nothing happened after this.
4 month now and no more emails...
I have friends and they applied after me but they already got their PR! All single.
Good luck to you - us - all live-in caregiver

jacky0025

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
EDMONTON ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 23, 2013 (MARRIED) ^__^
Doc's Request.
/AIP: MARCH 13, 2014
Med's Request
/Lc2 Kit: MAY 16, 2014
Interview........
/Email received: DECEMBER 04, 2014
Passport Req..
OCTOBER 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
FEBRUARY 05, 2015
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 16, 2014
maplesirup said:
Ugirl: My husband received his OWP December 2013 when I got AIP. He had to wait one year longer than me.
He also was aked to do his medical what he did in January 2014. They added " medical received" into my ecas status but nothing happened after this.
I have friends and they applied after me but they already got their PR! All single.

hi maplesirup so the medical that ur husband did what is that for ? for his OWP or for your PR ??? and also did you guys get the LC2 kit for him like UCI number for ur husband and RPRF ?? i mean the 3in1 kit ?? :) or nothing since your aip in december?? thanks :)

UGirl

Apr 13, 2014
maplesirup said:
Thanks for the answer. And Yeah good luck to all live-in caregivers!!!!!

karri_30hd

Sep 27, 2012
[quote author=kemoya22itlink=topic=105099.msg3038513#msg3038513 date=1397015226]
Hi karri I am from jamaica as well. My husband just did his medical and I am curious how long you waited before cic contacted you to pay the fee after your family completed this final stage.
[/quote
Hi kemoya22, I think it was roughly around 3 months to get that process complete letter.

ynahvie

Star Member
Nov 23, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BicolanoMan said:
why these things happened to us.. no updates since december when most of the 2012 applicants received AIP.. 4 months waiting and counting... oh my.. :eek:
@Bicolanoman.. Don't feel that way a lot of 2010 applicants are not even PR yet . Mine it takes 2 yrs before i got my AIP and 6 months before receiving the kit and another almost 2 months before receivng the MR till now we didn't submitted the papers because of the holidays and other papers
To secure. It is bit different when u are single but for those married a little long. You are lucky all 2012 and 2013 receive their AIP in a matter of year. Let just hope they will process the papers in fairness for tho

se who applied first. Let us all be patient that is what we can do for now.

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
:D :D :D :D

OMG I just received my letter for interview!!

Timeline:

PR application received : 2nd April 2012
OWP received: July 2012
Police clearance: December 2nd 2013
AIP : March 4th 2014
Letter for interview dated : April 11th (received on the 17th)
Appointment in Vancouver : May 7th 2014
Vegreville Office
Single applicant

So it really takes 2 years to get through all the process!

Now, does anyone wants to share what the interview is about?

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
cats_lover said:

Timeline:

Vegreville Office

Are you a single applicant?

ttokki

May 28, 2012
cats_lover said:

Timeline:

Vegreville Office
Single applicant

*** happy for you girl! ♡♡♡

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
Hello All!

Anyone that can share their experiences with the interviews? What do they ask? etc..

thanks ;)

benique

Apr 22, 2014
Live-in caregiver from Europe

Hi all!

I'm applying for a working visa under the live-in caregiver program.
That's still in process since September 2013.

I was on an interview a few days ago, so I'd like to ask you guys about your experiences and your opinion.

(I applyed with an experience letter of one year as a nanny, without qualification.)

So the officer required the insurance salary (showing the employer) of the one year experience as an additional proof.
I couldn't take it, because I was a college student in that time, so it was paid by my college.

Well, the interview went great, but the lady said that's not so good, that I don't have this proof.

My question is that, do you guys think that the officers will give me the visa only with the reference letter?

Thank you!

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
maplesirup said:
hi maplesirup i would like to ask if you apply your husband for owp after you received your AIP or its automatically if your husband is here in canada? my situation is the same with you my husband is here in canada too. or did you send your husband owp application together with your pr application. thanks!