+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
Siraprapha said:
Any one who got 2nd email on Jan 7th? Have you received mail letter for an interview? I haven't got mine yet and it has been 2 almost 3 weeks. Just wondering if I should call CIC... I'm a LC from Vancouver. Please share.
Hello Siraprapha... I'm waiting for an interview letter from CIC Vancouver...I got second email last December 9,2013 until now I haven't received interview letter from CIC Vancouver...I don't know if they have plans to give our PR the soonest.

thess38

Jan 26, 2014
I received a refusal email last january 22, 2014..the officer said im not in LCP class..

but last year when i apply for pr and owp together they approved my open work permit after 2/12 months

any advice please!

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
thess38 said:
I received a refusal email last january 22, 2014..the officer said im not in LCP class..

but last year when i apply for pr and owp together they approved my open work permit after 2/12 months

any advice please!
[/quote

Thess38 you are applying in what category?

thess38

Jan 26, 2014
im applying for live in caregiver program..

but they said in order for me to qualify for live in caregiver program class i need to do it outside canada..

my first job here is dressmaker but unfortunately it did not turn out good between me and my former employer to i decided to change job frm dressmaker to nanny. i do have cargiver certificate course as well.

in my work permit before i apply for PR and OWP, the remark stated are.. LMO number ##### valid for 2 years, as of nov 10 2013 no longer in LCP program, eligible to apply for permanent resident after completing requirements.

so i decided to apply for PR and open work permit, after 2 1/2 months they granted me OWP approval last year january 2013. but unlucky after 13 months of waiting i get the refusal letter to my application for permanent resident.

here's the email i got.

i have now completed the assesment for your application for permanent resident visa as a member of live in caregiver program class. and i have determined that you do not meet the requirement for immigration to canada.
You are not a member of the class because you have not complied with the requirements for
membership in the class as described in paragraph 112 of the Regulations, and as required by
Paragraph 115 of the Regulations. Specifically, you did not apply for, nor were you examined
for admission into the Live-in Caregivers Program before entering Canada
Based on the information that is available, I am not satisfied that you or your family members
are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. Your application for
permanent residence in Canada as a member of the live-in caregiver class is refused.
[X] You have submitted $1400.00 with your application. Since no processing has began for
your overseas dependants, a refund in the amount of $850.00 has been requested on your
behalf.
You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document
has expired, you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement
action being taken against you..

so im planing to apply thru H and C grounds or to get the immigration lawyer

Siraprapha

Star Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hi thank you for sharing. 2 of my girlfriends got their interview letters only 2 weeks after the 2nd email. Not sure what is standard timeline. I am worried I might have lost my mail because it has been 3 weeks! I check my mailbox everyday but still no luck. Anyway, my local visa office is Vancouver. Also, do we have to mail receipt $490 to CIC?

I think if you got a 2nd email since Dec you should give them a call. I called them this morning but the lines were busy (as usual).

amangat

Dec 2, 2013
thess38 said:

any advice please!
if u have 2 years experiance in any field u can apply in Experiance Class catagory. I read I CIC web . Try that one

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
Siraprapha said:
Hi thank you for sharing. 2 of my girlfriends got their interview letters only 2 weeks after the 2nd email. Not sure what is standard timeline. I am worried I might have lost my mail because it has been 3 weeks! I check my mailbox everyday but still no luck. Anyway, my local visa office is Vancouver. Also, do we have to mail receipt $490 to CIC?

I think if you got a 2nd email since Dec you should give them a call. I called them this morning but the lines were busy (as usual).
Your 2 girlfriends are from Vancouver? I'm from Vancouver too.... I already phoned CIC hotline last week I told them about it ..the CIC representative says my PR apps is already approved but I have to wait the interview letter for 5 to 6 months !!!!!! I check our mailbox everyday but still no luck...maybe tomorrow I have to phoned CIC hotline.

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
tinytoes said:
still waiting for the interview letter, it's been a month now, since I got the 2nd email.
Same here, it's been almost 2months since I got 2nd email.

amangat

Dec 2, 2013
Siraprapha said:

hi there , same situation is here in toronto ,I have been waiting for my interview letter for almost one month now , may be our local offices are slow. I hope may be just in few days .

Siraprapha

Star Member
Dec 11, 2010
My gfs got their emails on Nov 14, 2013 then got interview letters on Nov 29th which was exactly 2 weeks after that. They both went for an interview same day on Dec 3rd and got their PR. They are both from Vancouver. They are Nov 2011 applicants.

What I don't understand is that how come they sent us the 2nd email so soon although they plan not to schedule for an interview anytime soon! It could take up to 4-5 months to make processing time line same as my gfs. That's strange..For me, 2nd email should come out then follow by an interview within the same month.That makes more sense. I don't know... ::)

Every day I feel upset when I don't see anything in my mailbox. It drives me nuts. If it's going to take that long I might better just check it once a week or something.

xymonkeant

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
My girlfriend recieved her 2nd letter january 16 and received the letter for interview january 27, and she is scheduled for interview on feb.24 here in edmonton.. ^___^

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
thess38 said:
im applying for live in caregiver program..

but they said in order for me to qualify for live in caregiver program class i need to do it outside canada..

my first job here is dressmaker but unfortunately it did not turn out good between me and my former employer to i decided to change job frm dressmaker to nanny. i do have cargiver certificate course as well.

in my work permit before i apply for PR and OWP, the remark stated are.. LMO number ##### valid for 2 years, as of nov 10 2013 no longer in LCP program, eligible to apply for permanent resident after completing requirements.

so i decided to apply for PR and open work permit, after 2 1/2 months they granted me OWP approval last year january 2013. but unlucky after 13 months of waiting i get the refusal letter to my application for permanent resident.

here's the email i got.

i have now completed the assesment for your application for permanent resident visa as a member of live in caregiver program class. and i have determined that you do not meet the requirement for immigration to canada.
You are not a member of the class because you have not complied with the requirements for
membership in the class as described in paragraph 112 of the Regulations, and as required by
Paragraph 115 of the Regulations. Specifically, you did not apply for, nor were you examined
for admission into the Live-in Caregivers Program before entering Canada
Based on the information that is available, I am not satisfied that you or your family members
are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. Your application for
permanent residence in Canada as a member of the live-in caregiver class is refused.
[X] You have submitted $1400.00 with your application. Since no processing has began for
your overseas dependants, a refund in the amount of $850.00 has been requested on your
behalf.
You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document
has expired, you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement
action being taken against you..

so im planing to apply thru H and C grounds or to get the immigration lawyer
Hi! This is sad! Have you contacted anyone as to what to do?

thess38

Jan 26, 2014
yes it is sad and very frustrated.. but anyway my employer asked help from the MP here in my place. we will see if what they can do..im just praying..