+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live-in caregiver

janesia

Mar 15, 2010
hello everybody,
gud day!!!!the same as all of you.i was little bit worried regarding my situition.Im working as live in caregiver,I finished my 24 months last january and im already applying open work permit and PR.My work permit is about to expired this june also my OHIP.My question is it is possible to renue my OHIP before it expire even with out my open work permit?I can ask for supporting letter to my employer to proved that im still working to them,Do you think this idea will work?I really need my OHIP because im pregnant and im scared maybe i dont received my OWP before my due date on OCT.I really need your answer PLEASE...thank you and GOD BLESS...

[/quote]

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
if you will notice the expiration of your OHIP is depending on your work permit, so you cant renew it until you have your new one

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Does everyone know which the application form that CIC will sent to dependent (spouse) who live outside Canada? ???

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
roel0611 said:
Hi Lemmor,

Its not a rumor. I have a relative who will sponsor another relative as a caregiver. We learned from the relative who is sponsoring the caregiver that as of now all caregivers who will arrive in Canada will no longer be allowed to file for permanent resident after 2 years. They can extend their contract after the two years but thats it. They will be just like contract workers. If they want to apply as an immigrant (permanent resident) they can do it on the embassy onf their country of origin. Very sad....
Hi there
Is it true that an application by the Canadian relative to foreign relative,who is living out side of Canada, sponsored for Live in caregiver is refused?

chusana

Jan 20, 2010
I"ve heard lots of cases who were denied. But sometimes it depends on how the immigration officers assessed the papers. just sharing

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
You can't hire your relative as a caregiver, the visa will be denied and I know this cos a family friend did and was denied.she was called for interview and she lied but later told the officer the truth.

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
chusana said:
I"ve heard lots of cases who were denied. But sometimes it depends on how the immigration officers assessed the papers. just sharing
Thank you for sharing
Can you give me any details of people who were denied I mean..qualifications,experience,country,English,specially relation with the employer

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Monalizy said:
..........she was called for interview and she lied but later told the officer the truth.
Thank you for informing
Can you explain in detail what exactly did she lie about??
Nothing in law says that a relative can not be hired than why are relatives refused?/or is it that the case is not put-up properly..any deficiency is left that results in refusal??

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
What about the ties back in home??
Can having a property,investment etc benefit the case.
Any example if seen by any one ?

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Bobo take it or leave it, you can't hire your relatives. The said girl lied to the officer about the last name when it was clear she and the employer ( brother) had the same last name. She later told the officer truth when the officer was pressing her . The officer told her saying the truth will do her good but unfortunately she was refused base on the fact that the employer was her brother .

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Monalizy said:
Bobo take it or leave it, you can't hire your relatives. The said girl lied to the officer about the last name when it was clear she and the employer ( brother) had the same last name. She later told the officer truth when the officer was pressing her . The officer told her saying the truth will do her good but unfortunately she was refused base on the fact that the employer was her brother .
Ummm!!! ::)..sounds fishyyyy!!!
but..how come some have succeeded in obtaining WP through their relatives??
Yesterday I met a girl who said her aunt was sponsored, by her sister, for taking care of her child and she was granted WP.
Some people in this forum,at different places have mentioned similar results,getting WP through relative under LCP scheme.
How did they do it??

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
Monalizy said:
She lied thats why she got rejected and not because they're relatives coz that's misrepresentation.

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
PLEASE HELP!!

Hi guys!

I'm currently here in Norway and my visa will end on August 1st. My problem is until now I haven't receive anything letter from LVO since they received my application last Feb. 17, 2012. It is 7th week now. Although they say in the website that it will take 8-10 weeks.

What if a month before the end of my visa, still I haven't receive anything from them, and requested my passport back, and I need to go home in my home country, is it possible to tell inform them that I will wait for my visa in the Philippines, instead here in Norway? Because I think, I can't find a new employer here, if I will tell them that I have current application in Canada and can't stay for 1 more year with them..

Please help me.. :(

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
europegirl said:
PLEASE HELP!!

Hi guys!

I'm currently here in Norway and my visa will end on August 1st. My problem is until now I haven't receive anything letter from LVO since they received my application last Feb. 17, 2012. It is 7th week now. Although they say in the website that it will take 8-10 weeks.

What if a month before the end of my visa, still I haven't receive anything from them, and requested my passport back, and I need to go home in my home country, is it possible to tell inform them that I will wait for my visa in the Philippines, instead here in Norway? Because I think, I can't find a new employer here, if I will tell them that I have current application in Canada and can't stay for 1 more year with them..

Please help me.. :(
hello europegirl...just want to ask how fast your application under the LCP program was processed...did you meet any problems along the way...what were the questions asked to you during the interview....how did you find your employer?...thanks in advance for your reply

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
honney said:
hello europegirl...just want to ask how fast your application under the LCP program was processed...did you meet any problems along the way...what were the questions asked to you during the interview....how did you find your employer?...thanks in advance for your reply
Hi honney,

It depends where country will you apply. Here in Norway, i submitted my application in London Visa Office. I didn't experience any problem though, it prolongs the processing because of lack of supporting documents. The time frame is only 8-10 weeks accourding to CIC London website.

Interview is allbout my duties and responsibilities in my current work, about my employer and they want to hear my english when talking. :) less than 5 minutes

I found my employer through aupair website, i just make a lot of profiles then the employer contacted me through email.

I hope this helps