+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live-in caregiver

Eslu

Sep 11, 2009
Thanks for setting straight..... the false rumours for LIC's qualification for PR application after the 24th month of LIC work.
Thanks for the email address of the communication section of CIC. Youre such a great help with info's.

eslu

ella7

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,,

these days i am gathering all requared documents apply for the permanent residency under the caregiver programe. already i got application kit. there are two application kits,, one for PR and one for open work permit.

1 My question is should i need to send both application in one envelop? or separate envlops,,??? and can i pay the all fee using the one recipt????

2 There is a cheklist in the openwork permit application,, should i need to send all those documents in the cheklist with th e application,,,????? because all those documents already included in the PR application too.

i would be gratefull,,if u send some reply,,
thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ella7 said:
hi,,

these days i am gathering all requared documents apply for the permanent residency under the caregiver programe. already i got application kit. there are two application kits,, one for PR and one for open work permit.

1 My question is should i need to send both application in one envelop? or separate envlops,,??? and can i pay the all fee using the one recipt????

2 There is a cheklist in the openwork permit application,, should i need to send all those documents in the cheklist with th e application,,,????? because all those documents already included in the PR application too.

i would be gratefull,,if u send some reply,,
thanks
1. One envelope, you don't have to duplicate the enclosures.

PMM

danielyn

Oct 22, 2009
BCguy said:
Hi!

I have a question about the LMO. I applied for the live-in caregiver program before but was denied by the embassy due to lack of training hrs. So i had to retake the training for 6 mos. Now that I already finished the training, my employer was not granted the LMO to hire me because the previous LMO is still active. Can I still use that same LMO? or should I wait til it expires and apply for a new one. I'm not sure if I can still use the old one. Thanks

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
owp-pr application sent-11-21-09(LC1)
hi,thanks abt this clarification...i just have some question,im abt to send my pr application this november but i'm afraid not to meet the requirement they asked from my previous employer,r
1. roe(ok),i have this
2. statement of earnings(i have payslip for 1 month but i worked with them for 2months and they paid for 2 months tax)--i cant ask for the other month payslip as i dont have contact from my previous employer
3. records of wages that was sent to cra by my employer or employers summary of renumeration--cant provide this as i dont have contact with my previous employer...
my question is would there be any problem if i wasnt able to provide the no3 document? i was talking abt ,my previous employer,coz i really need the 2 months i spent with them to complete my 24 months...since i have the t4 and roe i was thinking they will accept that to determine if i am elligible to apply ryt?pls ... i badly need an advise

ella7

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
live-in caregiver

CIC web says
Not all cases receive “first stage of approval”(7-8 months) at CPC Vegreville. Some files may be transferred to a local CIC office. This may add further delays to the overall processing time.

I am gonna apply for the PR Under the living caregiver category . the website says above.I would be gratefull if someone can tell me,, wht is the meaning of First stage approval?? why some cases may be transferred to local office? and how long it gets to issue the PR card after Open work permit recieved?

thank you

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
to: lai1279

same situation here, i work also for my last employer just 12 weeks, and had a problem getting my t4 and roe, she's not cooperative, but i got those documents and planning to count those weeks in my 24 months, I'll be going to submit my application first week of December. Tell me what happen to your application and im gonna tell you mine . good luck

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
owp-pr application sent-11-21-09(LC1)
to:mydesire,

hi,i was planning to send it next week even without "record of wages sent to cra by my employer..thats the only problem i have.. ..dont worry i will update u on the process..

Dec 13, 2009
Hi, Please enlighten me on this, I was told that lived in caregivers in Canada are no longer entitled to apply for permanent residency or to get the immigrant status. A friend who is a caregiver in canada told me about this bad news for caregivers, and said the new policy was approved this december,2009. They said that those caregivers who arrived in Canada before december 2009 can still apply for permanent residency, however those caregivers who will arrive in Canada after this year,are not allowed to get the permanent residency anymore? Is this true? Please help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

highsilvermoon said:
Hi, Please enlighten me on this, I was told that lived in caregivers in Canada are no longer entitled to apply for permanent residency or to get the immigrant status. A friend who is a caregiver in canada told me about this bad news for caregivers, and said the new policy was approved this december,2009. They said that those caregivers who arrived in Canada before december 2009 can still apply for permanent residency, however those caregivers who will arrive in Canada after this year,are not allowed to get the permanent residency anymore? Is this true? Please help!
Another baseless story, you should read the latest from the Minister: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2009/2009-12-12.asp

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are always rumours going around. I was about to post the same link to the ministers announcment but PMM beat me to it. They are actually making it easier for live-in caregivers to apply for PR.

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
thanks PMM and Leon........ you really help us except for those person who believe or listen to those rumors. I've always read most of your advise and concerns. God bless!

Dec 13, 2009
Thank you so much PMM, you are so kind to all of us who needs help and good advice. Thanks to Leon too! Both of you are a great help! Take care! :)

totallymomy

Dec 1, 2009
Thank you PMM, BCguy and Leon for clearing this rumor that's been going on.

I talked to my uncle who's currently in Toronto about 2 months ago and he told me
about the rumor and it got me worried coz I am interested in applying as a Caregiver.

This is really a great news to caregivers.

Happy new year everyone :)

Dec 28, 2009
Hello guy! I am here in Madrid, Spain working as domestic helper. Been here in Spain for 2 yrs. Sorry, its out of the topic about Canada, but I like to share to you the difference in working there in Canada than in here in Spain.

Here in Spain, we got our visa with.. TRABAJO Y RESIDENCIA= WORK AND RESIDENCE. We will have a residence Id card, upon we arrived and covered with health care. I compute the salary there than here, is much better. So, if you think its hard for you to stay there in Canada and getting a residence, I suggest that you come here in Spain. And, 1 more,,, after 1 yr. we are allowed to be a citizen, as long we know how to speak spanish.. Im a filipina.
Please dont be frustrated there in Canada, try your luck here in Spain. We filipinos are most demand from all other foreign workers.. But be responsible towards our obligations of works. Be determined that we can make it.
Many employers waiting here. By the way, if ever you are a spanish citizen, you can visit USA, visa free and around the globe.
God bless us all.

Catalinacatalina51