+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live-in caregiver, re-entry visa and CRNE

yellowroses47

Aug 10, 2012
hey everyone!

i just have a few questions. i may have ideas but still wanted to get other's opinions. Someone I know is under the live-in caregiver program and the re-entry visa expires before the work permit. I was wondering:

1. how can you renew re-entry visa? do you have to do it personally or can you do it by courier service? and do you have to apply in the US or do it inside Canada?

2. how can you renew work permit under the same employer?

3. are individuals under the Live-in caregiver program allowed to write licensure exams like the CRNE if found eligible by the provincial regulatory body?

4. are individuals under LCP allowed to take short courses like food handling, etc?

i hope someone can answer these questions. thanks much in advance! :) ;)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
1. Send TRV application to Ottawa.
2. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp Have new contract.
3. DK
4. Yes, less than 6 months courses not leading to a degree
yellowroses47 said:
hey everyone!

i just have a few questions. i may have ideas but still wanted to get other's opinions. Someone I know is under the live-in caregiver program and the re-entry visa expires before the work permit. I was wondering:

1. how can you renew re-entry visa? do you have to do it personally or can you do it by courier service? and do you have to apply in the US or do it inside Canada?

2. how can you renew work permit under the same employer?

3. are individuals under the Live-in caregiver program allowed to write licensure exams like the CRNE if found eligible by the provincial regulatory body?

4. are individuals under LCP allowed to take short courses like food handling, etc?

i hope someone can answer these questions. thanks much in advance! :) ;)