+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver,PR in Process,Having a baby

livmckella

Aug 28, 2011
Hello evryone..I just recently gave birth and hasnt done anything yet.. I am presently living with my partner who is a TFW,too,.While reading posts in this forum,it really made me believe that processing time for those with dependents and married takes longer than those of single ones.. My friend advised me,(since im not married with him yet),to not to claim national child benefits supplement and in that way i wont have to declare our common law union(since birth of the child) then I will stay single in my application together with my daughter..do u think this is fine while my PR application is in process... My work permit expires december next yr,Im out of my employers 2 weeks before I gave birth,can I apply for maternity benefits?how long? I have just submitted my application august 2 and started processing sept 4..thank you..I hope somebody could give me some ideas on wat to do.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

livmckella said:
Hello evryone..I just recently gave birth and hasnt done anything yet.. I am presently living with my partner who is a TFW,too,.While reading posts in this forum,it really made me believe that processing time for those with dependents and married takes longer than those of single ones.. My friend advised me,(since im not married with him yet),to not to claim national child benefits supplement and in that way i wont have to declare our common law union(since birth of the child) then I will stay single in my application together with my daughter..do u think this is fine while my PR application is in process... My work permit expires december next yr,Im out of my employers 2 weeks before I gave birth,can I apply for maternity benefits?how long? I have just submitted my application august 2 and started processing sept 4..thank you..I hope somebody could give me some ideas on wat to do.
1. You need new friends.
2. You lie on your application, it gets refused and you are barred for 2 years.
3. You don't claim the Common/law relationship, when CIC learns of it, you can never sponsor him/her.
4. CIC doesn't believe in the stork delivering babies, they are going to be interested in your relationship with the father.
5. You said you have a C/law relationship, I hope you have been a "live in" caregiver.

livmckella

Aug 28, 2011
thanks for your reply PMM... i have couple more ???

I am under Live-in caregiver program..So this is my big problem when I look at the application for Canada child Tax benefit claim,,Theres a column for the declaration of common law union..and As i have read one of the topics in this forum,,as soon as u submit that with the fathers info,,u r in common law union with the father of the child since birth..this got me confusing bcoz if i would submit that application and subsequently,we'll turned to common law status but it gets me confusing to the fact that Im still under live-in program..Im not even sure if I could get a employer who will let me bring my child with me....yes I admit,,my pregnancy was unplanned..help pls..

kyrus

Oct 17, 2011
i dont think thats a problem... just tell them thta you stay with your partner every weekends... as long as your employer tell to the immigration that you live with them whenever the immigration ask about this matter...

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
theres no problem with the "live in" situation. you see each other after work like friday nights up to monday morning. now your on maternity leave so its obviously your not working. and you and your partner will only consider common law after one year of living together.

A common-law partner

Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person either of the opposite sex or same sex, and has done so for a period of at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people. Common-law partners must attach any documents that show they are in a committed and genuine relationship, for example evidence that they share the same home, that they support each other financially and emotionally, that they have had children together, or that they present themselves in public as a couple.

Common-law partners who are unable to live together or appear in public together because of legal or cultural restrictions in their home country may still qualify and should be included on the application.

Common-law partners are also persons who meet the conditions outlined above but who have been separated for reasons beyond their control (for example, civil war or armed conflict).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5290EB.asp

livmckella

Aug 28, 2011
thank you guys..btw,,,about my pr in process..,,,do you think its fine if i will choose to stay unemployed? i submitted my application last august,,my work permit expires dec. 2012 and i already quit my live in job since i cant handle the kids with my baby..

livmckella

Aug 28, 2011
thankss.. do u think it will create a problem with my pr in process and unemployed for more than a yr since the processing s getting longer?

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
Being unemployed wont affect your application. You already completed 24mons requirement and applied for OWP,PR. After your current work permit expires youll be on " implied status" just remember your MSP will expire as same moms of your work permit can extend 3- 6mons depending on province.

lyne

Star Member
Nov 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 19-apr-2010
AOR Received.
LC2 27-mar-2011
Med's Done....
LC2 8-sep-2012
Passport Req..
LC2 22-jan-13
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 27-july-13(landed)
LANDED..........
March 20,2013
Its hard being unemployed while waiting the decission of your papers if u want unemployed for 18moS or more depends upon the processiing of your pr its up to you to decide. If you have enough money to support yourself being unemployed while waiting your pr then its your choice.. Good luck and God bless us all!

livmckella

Aug 28, 2011
thanks ebony and lyn..

i still have a lot of questions..is it ok not to claim child tax benefit coz wen i read the application for it,it says,,'u r common law if u have the same address since the birth of the child.. im single in my application.. is my child going to be added as my dependent and will i be then included in the long wait of married applicants or single with dependents as soon as i submit my baby's birth cert. to cic?thanks