+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

absolute25

Oct 24, 2011
job_seeker said:
As opposed to the "closed" work permit where you can only work for the employer performing the specific job type indicated on your work permit, open work permit allows you to work for any employer under any type of job.
Thank you, mine is closed permit

mhox

Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
NOC Code......
Live in Caregiver Prog
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
open work permit Dec 11 2011
IELTS Request
started pro base in ECAS Oct 17 2013
...waiting....

cic received: oct 4, 2011
started processing ecas:eek:ct 17,2011
married w/ dependent :)

jadeon

Nov 16, 2011
gud day! i've just recently received my open work permit, just want to ask if the processing time for my PR Card won't be affected if i'll have a vacation in the Phils to marry my boyfriend? or should i wait for my PR Card before getting married?

and also can i go back here in Canada without any problem if i decided to go to the Phils (without PR Card yet) to get married considering i have with me my Open Work Permit? thanks in advance for your replies!! :)

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
jadeon said:
gud day! i've just recently received my open work permit, just want to ask if the processing time for my PR Card won't be affected if i'll have a vacation in the Phils to marry my boyfriend? or should i wait for my PR Card before getting married?

and also can i go back here in Canada without any problem if i decided to go to the Phils (without PR Card yet) to get married considering i have with me my Open Work Permit? thanks in advance for your replies!! :)
as I know, the processing time for stage 2 for single applicant is much more shorter than the married.
u could go for a vacation as long as u have a valid WP and Re-entry Visa.

mja_AI

Oct 5, 2011
JoyceLam said:
as I know, the processing time for stage 2 for single applicant is much more shorter than the married.
u could go for a vacation as long as u have a valid WP and Re-entry Visa.
Hi Joycelam,
how's ur appliation?is it still in process in ecas?just wondering cause we have the same date of application...are u single?are u in toronto?

biscuitspinay

Apr 15, 2010
hello there i am new in this forum. anybody have an opinion about my application... i completed my 24 months last feb 2011. I was issued ROE coz my employer passed away but my permit valid until dec 2012. Then i applied nwp for new employer valid until dec.2012. i sent my application May 2 then received May 7 and started application May 27, 2011. my question is can my papers be affected if i become unemployed while waiting for OPW...? is anybody have an idea / Thanks....

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Permanent Residence for Live-In Caregivers

Certain aliens who have worked in Canada as live-in caregivers may seek permanent residence after certain conditions have been met. According to S. 113 of the IRPR, a foreign national becomes a member of the live-in caregiver class (and is therefore eligible for permanent residence) if:

1. They have submitted an application to remain in Canada as a permanent resident;

2. They are a temporary resident;

3. They hold a work permit as a live-in caregiver;

4. They entered Canada as a live-in caregiver and, for a cumulative period of at least two years within the four years immediately following their entry,

1. Resided in a private household in Canada, and

2. Provided child care, senior home support care, or care of a disabled person in that household without supervision;

5. They are not, and none of their family members are, the subject of a removal order or an admissibility hearing under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act ("IRPA") or an appeal or application for judicial review arising from such a hearing;

6. They did not enter Canada as a live-in caregiver as a result of a misrepresentation concerning their education, training, or experience, and

7. Where they intend to reside in the Province of Quebec, they competent authority of that Province is of the opinion that they meet the selection criteria of the Province.

The cumulative period mentioned above may be in respect of more than one employer or household and need not be without interruption. However, it may not be in respect of more than one employer or household at a time (i.e. concurrent employment).

Permanent Residence Application Procedure

Once the applicant has met the above requirements, he or she may complete an application for permanent resident status. As part of this filing, the applicant must prove that he or she has worked as a full-time live-in caregiver for two years. As proof of employment, a statement of earnings, T4 slips, or other similar documentation should be submitted. If the applicnat has changed jobs since his or her arrival in Canada, records of employment from each of the former employers should also be submitted.

The live-in caregiver application for permanent residence will not be assessed on the basis of the applicant's financial situation, skills upgrading in Canada, volunteer work, marital status or the number of family members in the country of origin. A live-in caregiver can be found ineligible for permanent residence if he or she, his or her spouse or common-law partner, or any of his or her family members have a criminal record or a serious medical problem.

Once the applicant has received a favourable assessment on his or her application for permanent resident status as a live-in caregiver, he or she may apply for an open work permit. This allows the applicant to take ANY job while the permanent residence case is pending.

biscuitspinay said:
hello there i am new in this forum. anybody have an opinion about my application... i completed my 24 months last feb 2011. I was issued ROE coz my employer passed away but my permit valid until dec 2012. Then i applied nwp for new employer valid until dec.2012. i sent my application May 2 then received May 7 and started application May 27, 2011. my question is can my papers be affected if i become unemployed while waiting for OPW...? is anybody have an idea / Thanks....

Hales

Nov 20, 2011
Question.... (WORKER Category for Live-in Caregiver) I already got a letter that requests for a medical exam and is asking me to submit my passports requirements to them. I took my medical exam last October 17th and was advised by NHS that they already forwarded my results last November3rd. On my end , I also submitted my passport,nbi clearance, police clearance and my employers stat declaration via LBC during the same date (Nov 3rd). My question is, how many weeks or months should I wait for the approval of the visa? Or is there another step that I will have to complete? Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Maybe start a new thread for your query so more people will be able to respond to you.

Hales said:
Question.... (WORKER Category for Live-in Caregiver) I already got a letter that requests for a medical exam and is asking me to submit my passports requirements to them. I took my medical exam last October 17th and was advised by NHS that they already forwarded my results last November3rd. On my end , I also submitted my passport,nbi clearance, police clearance and my employers stat declaration via LBC during the same date (Nov 3rd). My question is, how many weeks or months should I wait for the approval of the visa? Or is there another step that I will have to complete? Thanks!

biscuitspinay

Apr 15, 2010
hi kittt i read we are almost same timeline for the application of owp and pr..can u e mail me if u receive anything after u submitted\/ \are u single or have dependants\\/ just let me know ...im from vancouver...thanks

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregiver-program-in-canada-faster-1st-stage-of-approval-after-apply-for-pr-under-the-lcp-in-canada

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Strikenannies said:
http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregiver-program-in-canada-faster-1st-stage-of-approval-after-apply-for-pr-under-the-lcp-in-canada
I signed it already and send to my friend to sign it too.