+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver, experience or training related.

enteng01

Aug 9, 2013
marianasanroman said:
HEY! im also in the same situation as coralin.. except that i proved that i had one year experience as a full time nanny and they didnt believe me or something, since my refusal was about the 6 months training course... i want to take the course but dont really know whch course could i take.. sorry to butt in but.. what does BSN and CIS stands for??
hi, i think they refused you work experience because they need a "twelve months of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment, within the past 3 years, with one employer in a field or occupation related to the job you are seeking as a live-in caregiver". its not on the 6 months training that you have not gotten. are you a filipino or mexican? anyways, read this fore more info in order for you to qualify:If you are interested in working in Canada as a nanny, caregiver or au pair, the Live-in Caregiver Program may be suitable for you.

Live-in caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision. Live-in caregivers must live in the private home of their employer in Canada.

There are four main requirements you must meet to qualify under the Live-in Caregiver Program:

You must have successfully completed the equivalent of a Canadian high school education.
You must have six months of full-time training in a classroom setting or twelve months of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment, within the past 3 years, with one employer in a field or occupation related to the job you are seeking as a live-in caregiver.
You must be able to speak, read and understand either English or French at a level that allows you to function independently in a home setting.
You must have a written employment contract between you and your future employer. The contract defines your job duties, hours of work, salary and benefits.