+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live in caregiver denied but I disagree with reason...what next

sassysans

Feb 19, 2014
My potential caregivers visa was denied and I think it's ridiculous the reason they gave. On their website it says in order to qualify to be a caregiver they must have:

◦six months of full-time classroom training in caregiving or
◦one year of work experience as a caregiver or in a related job within the last three years (including at least six months of ongoing work with one employer),

My caregiver has a 1 year early childhood certificate therefore has the training but has no work experience, but the above states OR not AND.

The reason they gave for denying is that she doesn't have at least 1 year paid work experience.

Is there anything I can do?

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
sassysans said:
My potential caregivers visa was denied and I think it's ridiculous the reason they gave. On their website it says in order to qualify to be a caregiver they must have:

◦one year of work experience as a caregiver or in a related job within the last three years (including at least six months of ongoing work with one employer),

My caregiver has a 1 year early childhood certificate therefore has the training but has no work experience, but the above states OR not AND.

The reason they gave for denying is that she doesn't have at least 1 year paid work experience.

Due to the sensitive nature of the live-in caregiver program,experience is mandatory.
Based on my experience with the program just training acquisition is not enough.
The solution is to let her get a paid employment so as to have the needed experience and then get
another employer that will be willing to get her LMIA & send her the agreed contract.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
sassysans said:

You can appeal the decision. Was your Caregiver interviewed?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
sassysans said:
No she was not interviewed>
Did she had the speak test?

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curious..which country did your caregiver apply from?
sassysans said:

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2016, xPresspost activated 16th.
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
from the response, I just feel it's quite clear about your eligibility decision. So you have to find a place to accumulate one year of experience after the training stage.

The criteria might not make any sense, but you have to follow it, even you appeal to CIC won't make you situation better, that wastes your time and money.

It is just my personal opinion.

roca

Oct 1, 2014
@sassysans - my personal experience was I studied the caregiving course 6 months, not less nor more than 6 months, and I have no experience in childcare only training. This was in 2014 and I was approved a work visa. But I was told before that if I studied for the course for more or less than 6 months it will be a definite refusal. The school I enrolled in told me that they are implementing the course in accordance with the canada's requirements for caregivers. That it should be a classroom setting, full time study and 6 months course. So I'm not familiar with the 1 year childhood certificate. I know someone who was recently got denied. She studied the same 6 months course but was refused. In her refusal she was told she has no experience, no travel history.
True, they used conjunction and/or and yet they refusing applicants which is weird. You meet the requirements and yet they will refuse you just because you do not have travel history and no experience.
Do you see any in the refusal if it is appealable? If none, I suggest talk to your mp. They do entertain this kind of immigration concern.
At least you would know why it was refused when you think your caregiver has met the requirements.