+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver: after applying for PR

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Remz said:
Hi i just receive a letter from the immigration about me being eligible to be a permanent resident here in canada however i am 8 months pregnant and ask me about the father of the baby and a birth certificate of the baby aswell

Question

1. Baby is not born yet they given me 90 days to provide them. I still got time right? The moment i give birth i send them the paper
2. The father of the baby i just met here and without any valid work status. Just a visitor. He is going in and out of canada for a while. The problem is when i got pregnant he over stayed here in canada and didnt have any valid status. Now he is back here in canada as a visitor again but the immigration ask for the relationship of the father. I dont know what exactly should i say. We are in a relationship but his status in canada is not really clear. I dont wanna jeopardize my papers because of him.
1. If they gave you 90 days, you still have time so just send them the birth certificate when you have it.

2. They status of the father will not get you in trouble or affect your application. Just tell them his name and that you are in a relationship with him but that you do not live together (if that is the truth). If you marry him, you can include him on your application too but he should not be staying in Canada illegally though. If he wants to extend his stay as a visitor, he can apply for it.

Carebear0329

Oct 9, 2016
Hi Leon, me and my husband just got married, and my PR application is on going . how can I update my Status and Include my husband in my application? what are the requirements?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carebear0329 said:
Hi Leon, me and my husband just got married, and my PR application is on going . how can I update my Status and Include my husband in my application? what are the requirements?
You need to go through all the forms that you filled out for your application and re-do all forms that have changed as well as your husband needs to fill out some forms himself. Pay his fees too. Then get them all together in one package and send them to immigration along with a copy of your marriage certificate and a cover letter stating that you got married and are adding your husband now.