+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Listing my common law-lack of evidences (address)

CLapika25512

Apr 19, 2017
Alberta
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I plan on applying for my PR through EE and list my common law partner in my application (citizen). However, I have a problem proving our addresses.

I moved in with him and his parents for a year now, but I still keep my other rental room near my school (no contract) for easy transit on some days. So I didn't think to change the address on all my paperwork and kept it at the rental place. So I have no proof of the same address.

How should I go about proving we live together? Would photos work? Notarized letters from his parents?
Thank you so much for your time!

CLapika25512

Apr 19, 2017
Alberta
NOC Code......
I forgot to mention that I have plenty evidences of the relationship, just the address bit.

I did order things for myself that got sent to his place, under his name, but charge was on my credit card, does this count at all?. Thanks!

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
You should talk to an immigration lawyer about this as people in this forum can only give advices but it won't be about your specific situation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I plan on applying for my PR through EE and list my common law partner in my application (citizen). However, I have a problem proving our addresses.

I moved in with him and his parents for a year now, but I still keep my other rental room near my school (no contract) for easy transit on some days. So I didn't think to change the address on all my paperwork and kept it at the rental place. So I have no proof of the same address.

How should I go about proving we live together? Would photos work? Notarized letters from his parents?
Thank you so much for your time!
Citizen of where? No mind readers here.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm confused, when I did the assessment on cic website, it did give me way more points. Is this not true?
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
I'm going to assume that you answered Yes to the question "Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?"

Your partner is Canadian and therefore not accompanying you, which means no points from his siblings.