+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List of goods to follow

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Dear viewers,

Does any body know how to make list of goods to follow if we landing at the border? Is there any specific forms that I can use it? Or just type it on a paper without any format and only including a serial number for electronics. Please any advices are really appreciate it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Dear viewers,

Does any body know how to make list of goods to follow if we landing at the border? Is there any specific forms that I can use it? Or just type it on a paper without any format and only including a serial number for electronics. Please any advices are really appreciate it.
1. You need to do 2 sets of forms for goods accompanying and goods to follow. They are the B4 and B4a see: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu/AFAF_B-e.html
2. Follow the directions on the form, electronics and valuable items should have their serial number listed, you should have pictures and an evaluation if you have jewellry in the goods to follow list.
3. Are you importing a car? see: www.riv.ca for how to import and see: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml on how to export from the US.

PMM

airbus2002

Jan 31, 2006
Montreal
Dear PMM,

Thanks very much for the information. I am an international student living in Montreal. I am preparing for landing in Ontario this weekend. Since I have reported all the goods to the custom office when I first came to Canada as a student in 2003 , do I still need to submit a list of goods again? If so, shall I bring my stuff to the border or just present them this list and make a brief explanation?

Thanks.

Airbus2002

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

airbus2002 said:
Dear PMM,

Thanks very much for the information. I am an international student living in Montreal. I am preparing for landing in Ontario this weekend. Since I have reported all the goods to the custom office when I first came to Canada as a student in 2003 , do I still need to submit a list of goods again? If so, shall I bring my stuff to the border or just present them this list and make a brief explanation?

Thanks.

Airbus2002
You should as your goods were only admitted the first time until the expiry of your study permit. Just present the list and have it stamped.

PMM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
PMM said:
Hi

andy said:
Dear viewers,

Dear PMM,

I did take a look and print it out froms B4 and B4A, but I was confused what form I should use for kitchen ware, clothes, electronics, etc. Because I saw these two forms are same, all for personal effects accounting. And which form can be used for goods to follow. Could you be more specific? I really appreciate it.

andy

1. You need to do 2 sets of forms for goods accompanying and goods to follow. They are the B4 and B4a see: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu/AFAF_B-e.html
2. Follow the directions on the form, electronics and valuable items should have their serial number listed, you should have pictures and an evaluation if you have jewellry in the goods to follow list.
3. Are you importing a car? see: www.riv.ca for how to import and see: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml on how to export from the US.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
PMM said:
Hi

andy said:
Dear viewers,

Dear PMM,

I did take a look and print it out froms B4 and B4A, but I was confused what form I should use for kitchen ware, clothes, electronics, etc. Because I saw these two forms are same, all for personal effects accounting. And which form can be used for goods to follow. Could you be more specific? I really appreciate it.

andy

PMM
Look in the center of the form, see the little box that says "goods to follow"? Now you do one set of forms for goods in possession and another set for goods to follow, and you check off the box.

PMM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Dear PMM,

Sorry to disturb you again with kind of the same questions. I just want to make it clear and this is going to be my last questions regarding this matter.
Both form B4 and B4A are having little box says "Goods to follow".
The one you were talking about was form B4 (it has goods to follow in the center of the form). And the other form B4A has goods to follow check box in the upper right of the form. My questions are:

1. If I only have goods for accompanying at the time of landing (I will not bring other possession later on), do I need only to fill up form B4A and leave it blank the check box of list of goods to follow?

2. If I have both goods for accompanying and goods to follow, Is it correct if I use form B4A as a goods for accompanying and mark the check box of list of goods to follow?
And I use form B4 only for goods to follow and mark the check box of goods to follow as well?

Again thank you very much for clarifying it.

andy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Dear PMM,

Sorry to disturb you again with kind of the same questions. I just want to make it clear and this is going to be my last questions regarding this matter.
Both form B4 and B4A are having little box says "Goods to follow".
The one you were talking about was form B4 (it has goods to follow in the center of the form). And the other form B4A has goods to follow check box in the upper right of the form. My questions are:

1. If I only have goods for accompanying at the time of landing (I will not bring other possession later on), do I need only to fill up form B4A and leave it blank the check box of list of goods to follow?

2. If I have both goods for accompanying and goods to follow, Is it correct if I use form B4A as a goods for accompanying and mark the check box of list of goods to follow?
And I use form B4 only for goods to follow and mark the check box of goods to follow as well?

Again thank you very much for clarifying it.

andy
1. No goods to follow, you don't check the box, you complete the form B4 and if you have more goods than what will fit on the 8 lines, you go on to B4a.
2. Goods to follow, you check off the box on B4 as goods to follow, when you have filled the 8 lines of the B4, you continue on to the B4a.
3. If you have goods accompanying as well, you conplete the B4, do not check the box , and continue the excess on the B4a.

PMM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Dear PMM,

Now it's really clear to me. Basically form B4 and B4A are the same. We only use form B4A if we have more than 8 items to bring in. The presence of a good man like you in this forum is especially helping. We are lucky to have you. Thank you.