+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking our application

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Hi there, we received our AOR Nov 18. I am the sponsor (Cdn) and my partner is the PA (American). He is in Canada since March 2018 on a LMIA 2 year work permit that expires in March. We have been living together since Oct 2018 and have an inland application in, plus open work permit application. He has a UCI already because of his temporary work permit. He also has an IRCC account because when we were first dating, before he found an employer to do an LMIA, he attempted to apply for express entry in Sept 2017 and was ineligible (too old haha).
I’ve been trying to link our application with no success. I’ve followed the steps that I found in another thread but still can’t seem to do it. I’ve tried on both our accounts with different combinations of information using both his UCI and the one they sent me in our AOR Email.
However, when I go through the “check your application status” then the Online Tool, I am able to get the the page “Client Application Status” and it does show our names and under ‘sponsorship application status’ says In Process and under ‘permanent residence application status’ In Process. So my questions are:
Does this mean my application is linked or do I need to keep trying to link it?
Is this my ‘says in process in ECAS’ (I want to update the spreadsheet)?
Do I need to do anything about the work permit or just wait for something to show up on this page and/or an email?
Thank you for any info you can provide.

amanda_sakura

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Whistler BC
Hi there, we received our AOR Nov 18. I am the sponsor (Cdn) and my partner is the PA (American). He is in Canada since March 2018 on a LMIA 2 year work permit that expires in March. We have been living together since Oct 2018 and have an inland application in, plus open work permit application. He has a UCI already because of his temporary work permit. He also has an IRCC account because when we were first dating, before he found an employer to do an LMIA, he attempted to apply for express entry in Sept 2017 and was ineligible (too old haha).
I’ve been trying to link our application with no success. I’ve followed the steps that I found in another thread but still can’t seem to do it. I’ve tried on both our accounts with different combinations of information using both his UCI and the one they sent me in our AOR Email.
However, when I go through the “check your application status” then the Online Tool, I am able to get the the page “Client Application Status” and it does show our names and under ‘sponsorship application status’ says In Process and under ‘permanent residence application status’ In Process. So my questions are:
Does this mean my application is linked or do I need to keep trying to link it?
Is this my ‘says in process in ECAS’ (I want to update the spreadsheet)?
Do I need to do anything about the work permit or just wait for something to show up on this page and/or an email?
Thank you for any info you can provide.
It sounds like you have linked on ecas. Have you also set up a gckey account? That one breaks down the details a bit more.

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
It sounds like you have linked on ecas. Have you also set up a gckey account? That one breaks down the details a bit more.
That’s where I’m confused- when I sign into my gc account I don’t see anything - it doesn’t show my application and I’ve tried to link and can’t get anywhere, I only see the application when I go through the ‘client application status’ page link

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
That’s where I’m confused- when I sign into my gc account I don’t see anything - it doesn’t show my application and I’ve tried to link and can’t get anywhere, I only see the application when I go through the ‘client application status’ page link
I've had the same problem since Feb 2019 when we got AOR and UCI number. I've tried every which way for so many months but finally gave up and now I would really like some more detailed info since it's past the year mark and our application is in Mexico Visa Office. Good luck!