+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Link Application GCKey Account

Aether

Apr 13, 2023
Hi everyone, I applied PR family sponsorship through https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

I saw some people mentioned they got updates from their GCkey. I have GCkey account when I applied for visitor visa last year and I only saw my visitor visa application there. In online tracker tho, I saw both of my visitor visa and PR application.

My question is do we have to link our application to GCkey account? What is the purpose of this? Sorry I'm just a bit confused. And for my application, my sponsor got AOR sent to his email.

Reactions: Abdi sham

Lihei

Dec 27, 2023
You can link your application to your gckey account with your details. You get messages about your application in your gckey.

Aether

Apr 13, 2023
You can link your application to your gckey account with your details. You get messages about your application in your gckey.
Not sure why. I tried twice but I kept getting below messages. I already got the AOR so I used the application number. I also tried using the UCI.

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process.
We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it."

Reactions: Reggieking

Lihei

Dec 27, 2023
Also it takes a few days for you to be able to link your application after getting the AoR

Aether

Apr 13, 2023
Also it takes a few days for you to be able to link your application after getting the AoR
Thanks. I managed to link it now.

I have another question. I got BIL from my GCKey account. I'm the principle applicant btw. What about the Sponsor Approval? Will it be sent to my GCkey account as well? Or will it be sent to my sponsor email?

Lihei

Dec 27, 2023
Thanks. I managed to link it now.

I have another question. I got BIL from my GCKey account. I'm the principle applicant btw. What about the Sponsor Approval? Will it be sent to my GCkey account as well? Or will it be sent to my sponsor email?
Sponsor approval will go to sponosr’s email.

Reactions: Aether and YVR123