+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Link account

ACM13

Jan 11, 2018
Anyone, please... I would like to ask if I need to create a link account now or do I have to wait for the immigration email/letter first in order to sign up? We just submitted our application last Nov. 25, 2017 and haven't received anything as yet.

KayEll

Sep 15, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Doc's Request.
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2018
LANDED..........
24-06-2018
Anyone, please... I would like to ask if I need to create a link account now or do I have to wait for the immigration email/letter first in order to sign up? We just submitted our application last Nov. 25, 2017 and haven't received anything as yet.
Yes, you have to wait for AOR ( Acknowledgement of Receipt) which is the first email you receive from CIC with UCI and application number. You can not link without application number.
Should be coming anytime soon now. Just follow the instructions in the email. Good luck!

Reactions: AirJordan23

ACM13

Jan 11, 2018
Yes, you have to wait for AOR ( Acknowledgement of Receipt) which is the first email you receive from CIC with UCI and application number. You can not link without application number.
Should be coming anytime soon now. Just follow the instructions in the email. Good luck!
Thank you po

MikeandKaren

Jan 30, 2018
We’re you able to link your paper account to your online gc key account? I have been trying everything but can’t seem to link my account. Been locked out after 5 attempts now I have to wait 24hrs. I really need help everything I been trying just don’t seem to work.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Check my profile signature. There is a spreadsheet link. One of the tabs in that spreadsheet has suggestions listed on linking your GCKEY acct.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
We’re you able to link your paper account to your online gc key account? I have been trying everything but can’t seem to link my account. Been locked out after 5 attempts now I have to wait 24hrs. I really need help everything I been trying just don’t seem to work.
I am still not able to link mine. We have tried every combination and even took everyone's suggestions here. But nothing ever worked.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Same here...did everything not working at all ! Trying for 10 days now.
I have basically been trying for a month. I've contacted cic and made technical report issue. But they just keep saying same thing. I know they say that it might not be entered in their system yet, that's one of the reasons I get when the tech people email me.
So I don't know. I kinda gave up haha. Sending everything in the mail.

Reactions: wagggal

wagggal

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
I have basically been trying for a month. I've contacted cic and made technical report issue. But they just keep saying same thing. I know they say that it might not be entered in their system yet, that's one of the reasons I get when the tech people email me.
So I don't know. I kinda gave up haha. Sending everything in the mail.
Yes, I have done all the same steps as you ! and , have come to the conclusion that will work with Fed Ex and email from this point forward.

Honestly, I would be scared to death to send anything ( documents) through the GC Key. I really do not think it is a perfected system as of yet.

It works for some but not for others, and I see enough people that have troubles with it.

Reactions: lea1113

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Yes, I have done all the same steps as you ! and , have come to the conclusion that will work with Fed Ex and email from this point forward.

Honestly, I would be scared to death to send anything ( documents) through the GC Key. I really do not think it is a perfected system as of yet.

It works for some but not for others, and I see enough people that have troubles with it.
True! So even if we got linked maybe it wouldn't work good for us. We would be those people haha

It just sucks because we forgot 2 documents so my husbands family got then notarized and translated in India and sent it directly to CIC. So now just waiting game for that.
I sent the PCC and schedule A in the mail. At least its tracked and I have a name of who signed for it.

I don't really trust the web form. But we did use it to request an extension for his medical.

Things are moving along just added expense with mailing everything haha

wagggal

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
True! So even if we got linked maybe it wouldn't work good for us. We would be those people haha

It just sucks because we forgot 2 documents so my husbands family got then notarized and translated in India and sent it directly to CIC. So now just waiting game for that.
I sent the PCC and schedule A in the mail. At least its tracked and I have a name of who signed for it.

I don't really trust the web form. But we did use it to request an extension for his medical.

Things are moving along just added expense with mailing everything haha
Feel the same way ! It is an added expense but for peace of mind and my sanity I will gladly put out the money.

That is the way I see it. I have to send off my 5669E form and police record this coming week and will be using Fed Ex. You are so right it is tracked and you have the name that signs for it. More then with GCKey.

cch

Jan 29, 2018
Check my profile signature. There is a spreadsheet link. One of the tabs in that spreadsheet has suggestions listed on linking your GCKEY acct.
Thank you very much jordo for the spreadsheet! :)

I was able to link my application just now by using the application number and UCI, no city/country of birth, pasted passport and other info, and "2" as the answer for the members in the application!

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thank you very much jordo for the spreadsheet! :)

I was able to link my application just now by using the application number and UCI, no city/country of birth, pasted passport and other info, and "2" as the answer for the members in the application!

I have been trying to link using your method but it doesnt let me leave the city of birth blank, I also hit the spacebar once in that field but still nothing.
What did you do to get around that?

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
I have been trying to link using your method but it doesnt let me leave the city of birth blank, I also hit the spacebar once in that field but still nothing.
What did you do to get around that?
Did you select a country?
I just successfully linked our account after weeks of trying. And I only put passport info.
As long as you don't select a country of birth, it shouldn't require it. Leave that part as it is when you get down the screen.
But who knows with this system! I had to put my husband as SINGLE not married

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Did you select a country?
I just successfully linked our account after weeks of trying. And I only put passport info.
As long as you don't select a country of birth, it shouldn't require it. Leave that part as it is when you get down the screen.
But who knows with this system! I had to put my husband as SINGLE not married
Hey yes, linked it by putting 2 for number of applicants and single. Strange that it has to be listed as single but it worked, thanks