VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
we send the following:
- copy of proof for joint account we opened in Canada
- we send pictures (only were allowed 20 pis as per application)
- letters from friends, 3 of them attesting to our relationship
- his phone bill showing my address on it
- chat copies from our initial convos, again they had limits as too how much we can send
- oh and also all the flight tickets as poof to attest to the timelines we were together.

I own my condo and cant really add him to the mortgage. We lived 7 months in Germany, I went back and forth and that portion we have nothing to show proof. I met him within 2 months stayed with him, then we moved together to my dads, in between I came back home once and he visited. And he moved here in October on visitor status. Now since 6 months he is even working, we are planning our wedding. But I have no idea what I can send from prior to proof we resided together. Ahhh I am freaking out
No surprise you were requested for more info. You have pretty much no common-law proofs in that list. What cohabitation proofs do you have covering at least a one year period before applying?

mjyeg

Feb 22, 2018
If I understand correctly you lived 7 months together in Germany (this 7 months is included in your 1 year of common-law) and you have zero document proving this?
Correct, as he already had an apartment, and I was only there to visit family, and we ended up meeting through our mutual best friends and pretty much instantly fell in love and I ended up living with him within 2 weeks of us knowing each other. From there he met my whole family within 2 weeks. we cohabited together from Mid February to end of April, then he cam to canada for a week staying with me, I went back to Germany after 2 weeks and we lived in his apartment until Juli when we moved to my dads house to save money. But there is nothing we can show. I am German citizen and permanent resident myself, and therefore can stay in Germany as long as I wanted to. During that time and me not working he supported our daily life financially and me part of it with savings. So I dont know how to prove we lived together. Before applying we called Immigration and even went to a immigration centre explaining all that and were told we were ok to go ahead and submit our application.

mjyeg

Feb 22, 2018
No surprise you were requested for more info. You have pretty much no common-law proofs in that list. What cohabitation proofs do you have covering at least a one year period before applying?

we really dont, I own my condo, so how was I supposed to proof he lives with me. Any suggestions on what to send now? We explained all that multiple times to Immigration centre and the immigration help organization, all said its sufficient enough. Otherwise we would had waited if we had to.

mjyeg

Feb 22, 2018
we also filled out common law declaration with open work permit application that all went out at the same time with our sponsorship application.

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
Correct, as he already had an apartment, and I was only there to visit family, and we ended up meeting through our mutual best friends and pretty much instantly fell in love and I ended up living with him within 2 weeks of us knowing each other. From there he met my whole family within 2 weeks. we cohabited together from Mid February to end of April, then he cam to canada for a week staying with me, I went back to Germany after 2 weeks and we lived in his apartment until Juli when we moved to my dads house to save money. But there is nothing we can show. I am German citizen and permanent resident myself, and therefore can stay in Germany as long as I wanted to. During that time and me not working he supported our daily life financially and me part of it with savings. So I dont know how to prove we lived together. Before applying we called Immigration and even went to a immigration centre explaining all that and were told we were ok to go ahead and submit our application.
You need at least something that would mark the start of the cohabitation, PDF of internet bill, electricity bill, gym membership, any mail with your name or his name?

mjyeg

Feb 22, 2018
You need at least something that would mark the start of the cohabitation, PDF of internet bill, electricity bill, gym membership, any mail with your name or his name?
We have absolutely nothing legal wise to show any of it. We are getting my dad to send a notarized statement that he can witness such and that we moved in with him, as well as other friends and family, along with a 2 page letter explaining the situation again in other words. I dont know if we should get a lawyer at this point or not?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
We have absolutely nothing legal wise to show any of it. We are getting my dad to send a notarized statement that he can witness such and that we moved in with him, as well as other friends and family, along with a 2 page letter explaining the situation again in other words. I dont know if we should get a lawyer at this point or not?
In the vast majority of cases, lawyers are a huge waste of money. A lawyer can't will proof into existence if there isn't any.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No point in getting a lawyer. As said above, they can't create proofs you don't have.

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
For 7 months, did you buy anything online, food delivery, concert tickets, anything? maybe there's a receipt in your email? You cannot have such a long period without any proof.