+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Licensed 309A Electrician needing help with visa processing

aashirkhan

Feb 5, 2024
Hi everyone! I have a very unique situation going on. I have 5 years of electrical experience working from back home, and on the basis of that I was able to get my Red Seal 309a license after passing my license exam. Now, I am here on a study permit currently, and I still have a complete 2 years left till I complete my studies in a different field. My question is, now that I have my electrical license, can I apply for my PR using the federal skilled trades program or will I have issues because I am on a study permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone! I have a very unique situation going on. I have 5 years of electrical experience working from back home, and on the basis of that I was able to get my Red Seal 309a license after passing my license exam. Now, I am here on a study permit currently, and I still have a complete 2 years left till I complete my studies in a different field. My question is, now that I have my electrical license, can I apply for my PR using the federal skilled trades program or will I have issues because I am on a study permit
If eligible, yes.