Libral Have Won

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ineffable said:
Trudeau states his plan is:

• Nearly doubling the budget for family class immigration processing, in order to restore process- ing times to the levels achieved before the Harper decade.
  • Doubling the number of new applications allowed each year, for parents and grandparents, from 5,000 to 10,000.
  • Providing greater access to applicants with Canadian siblings, by granting additional points under the Express Entry system. We will also conduct a review of the program, ensuring that processing times are efficient.
  • Restoring the maximum age for dependents to 22 instead of 19, allowing Canadians – often live-in caregivers – to bring their children to Canada.
  • Granting immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, rather than imposing a two-year conditional status that puts spouses – often women – in a position of extreme vulnerability.

The reality is the only aspect that's not clearly beneficial is removing Condition 51, and even then, it's not nearly as black and white as many of you think.

And whether or not you believe it's lip service or not, I'll take the man who at least recognizes that the current state of Immigration in Canada needs an overhaul versus the man who seems to see no issue with it whatsoever. Not to mention, I am far more optimistic we see more attention paid to Syrian Refugees, and restore Canada to its former glory of being the most benevolent country in refugee crises.

You don't have to like Trudeau, but you have to at least respect that immigration will get some much-needed TLC, and we all stand to benefit. I don't think a single person who's undergoing this process thinks it's rainbows and unicorns, so if I get even a tiny butterfly out of this, I'm happy.
Let's wait and see if any of the promises will be delivered.

Iqbalf

Apr 7, 2015
Toronto / Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
26-08-2014
Med's Request
19-03-2015 (1st medical done 25-03-2014, 2nd Medical 20-03-2015)
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 (3rd Medical)
Interview........
Mar 16, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 5, 2016
LANDED..........
Not yet
Ineffable said:

• Nearly doubling the budget for family class immigration processing, in order to restore process- ing times to the levels achieved before the Harper decade.
  • Doubling the number of new applications allowed each year, for parents and grandparents, from 5,000 to 10,000.
  • Providing greater access to applicants with Canadian siblings, by granting additional points under the Express Entry system. We will also conduct a review of the program, ensuring that processing times are efficient.
  • Restoring the maximum age for dependents to 22 instead of 19, allowing Canadians – often live-in caregivers – to bring their children to Canada.
  • Granting immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, rather than imposing a two-year conditional status that puts spouses – often women – in a position of extreme vulnerability.

The reality is the only aspect that's not clearly beneficial is removing Condition 51, and even then, it's not nearly as black and white as many of you think.

And whether or not you believe it's lip service or not, I'll take the man who at least recognizes that the current state of Immigration in Canada needs an overhaul versus the man who seems to see no issue with it whatsoever. Not to mention, I am far more optimistic we see more attention paid to Syrian Refugees, and restore Canada to its former glory of being the most benevolent country in refugee crises.

You don't have to like Trudeau, but you have to at least respect that immigration will get some much-needed TLC, and we all stand to benefit. I don't think a single person who's undergoing this process thinks it's rainbows and unicorns, so if I get even a tiny butterfly out of this, I'm happy.
His MPs are talk. He himself just talks like Harper.

You will see soon !!

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
Ineffable said:

@Ineffable....You have made some valid points. But...Let's wait and see. We really dont expect rainbows and unicorns, well...it would be foolhardy of anyone to expect them.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • Ineffable said:

Whoever [from his team that] wrote that has no clue how the system works today. Everyone is granted IMMEDIATE permanent residency when they LAND, but those with Condition 51 must stay with their sponsor/spouse/partner for two years beyond that day, at which time the condition simply disappears.

Granting immediate permanent residency would mean doing so as soon as CIC has received the sponsorship application...which would be a great thing for ALL spousal sponsorship applicants, without the need to eliminate Condition 51 at all. Let it apply to those that haven't been together long enough when they apply, but allow them to `Live', work and contribute to Canada immediately.

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
Ponga said:

• Whoever [from his team that] wrote that has no clue how the system works today. Everyone is granted IMMEDIATE permanent residency when they LAND, but those with Condition 51 must stay with their sponsor/spouse/partner for two years beyond that day, at which time the condition simply disappears.

Granting immediate permanent residency would mean doing so as soon as CIC has received the sponsorship application...which would be a great thing for ALL spousal sponsorship applicants, without the need to eliminate Condition 51 at all. Let it apply to those that haven't been together long enough when they apply, but allow them to `Live', work and contribute to Canada immediately.

• Good point also.

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
What's actually funny is that anyway the immigration law goes. ..someone somewhere will suffer. I remember a case of a lady who was on here and complained that her husband was abusing her and when she wanted to leave he reminded her off the two year condition.
all I'm saying is. .. whether the condition is there or not. ..there's always a group that will b affected negatively. ..that's life for you. He is simply looking at the whole issue from another person's angle. Just my two cents.

jez13

Oct 1, 2015
I'm excited! I hope that he can implement his agenda soon. I'm eager for my husband to get his PR. All of you who are worried about the removal of condition 51 should spend some time getting to know your spouse before you marry them if you suspect they might be using you for citizenship. I for one have been with my husband for 5 years, and I had to convince him to move to Canada, not the other way around.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
jez13 said:
I'm excited! I hope that he can implement his agenda soon. I'm eager for my husband to get his PR. All of you who are worried about the removal of condition 51 should spend some time getting to know your spouse before you marry them if you suspect they might be using you for citizenship. I for one have been with my husband for 5 years, and I had to convince him to move to Canada, not the other way around.
Think you misunderstood. I am being sponsored by my spouse so not worried about being used. I am worried about just anyone being allowed in, therefore fraudulent relationships getting through easier. That is unfair to people in genuine relationships. C51 is also there to protect Canada so taking it away is absurd.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
I agree with km9203. It will get easier for people to take advantage, in that sense it protects naive Canadians too. Of course the condition isn't good for a couple of people but you always have the choice of your home country. Staying together with your sponsor for 2 years is really not that long or unreasonable when you have claimed to want to be with that person for the rest of your life. (I'm not talking about extreme cases such as abuse that apparently started after knowing each other long enough to get married or the like) Personally I would go back as soon as I wouldn't be with him anymore for whatever reason (the only reason as I see it now is literally till death do us part)