+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Liberal Immigration Policy

theirishhoser

Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Posted this in the general section as well, so apologies for the double post. Anyway I noticed this in the Liberal platform:

Granting immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, rather than imposing a two-year conditional status that puts spouses – often women – in a position of extreme vulnerability.

That sounds specific to spouses in certain situations? Does it apply to all spouses as well?

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
There's other threads about this.
Most likely it's about removal of condition 51.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DanSlh said:
There's other threads about this.
Most likely it's about removal of condition 51.
It absolutely IS about removing Condition 51...which is about the most asinine thing to come out of Trudeau's party so far.

ginsengsamurai

Jan 29, 2012
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015 July 30 (Outland)
AOR Received.
2015 August 28
File Transfer...
2015 September 28
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2015 July 6
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt, 2016 January 7 [DM], January 12 [COPR received]
LANDED..........
2016 May 11
The Liberal party has a history of breaking big promises, especially with the way BC teachers and nurses were treated. Indeed, I would love for my wife to have an easier time with the PR status, but with all of the things the Liberals have done over the years, especially under Christy Clark, none of whatever is considered 'good' mitigates all the negatives that party has done. Furthermore, why would removing the Conditional PR be a good thing in the long run? I personally know a couple of people who are doing fraudulent marriages, to help foreigners get into the country. Having a CoPR is a good thing.

However, I will vote for NDP, Green or Liberals if their party can defeat the Conservatives in our riding.

For those going to the polls this October 19th, please take a small amount of your time and read this: http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com%2F%2Fnews%2Fcanada%2Fcanadian-politics%2Feverything-you-need-to-know-about-the-parties-platforms

This link goes to what each of the major party platforms are about. Don't vote solely for selfish reasons. Vote for all of us. Balancing the budget is all fine and dandy, but at what cost that we must sell out to foreigners, to destroy our environment further, to continue to make life for the elderly, veterans, the poor harder?