Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi everyone.
Hope everything is going well.
I'm a protected person applicant in the middle of PR proccesing routine. I also have a same sex partner outside of Canada whom is living in my home country (Iran). I've added him in PR's forms as my dependant.
As we lived in an Islamic country we had no opportunity to get married but we had lots of pictures of our life since 2008 and some shraing financial issues such as common bank account and something like this and some close relatives here in Canada and also in Iran that they are informed about our emotional relation.
I would be appreciated if you could share your experiences and advices to help us rejoinig together on this way. How should we proof our relationship? What is going on and expecting us on this path?
Thanks in advanced.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone.
Hope everything is going well.
I'm a protected person applicant in the middle of PR proccesing routine. I also have a same sex partner outside of Canada whom is living in my home country (Iran). I've added him in PR's forms as my dependant.
As we lived in an Islamic country we had no opportunity to get married but we had lots of pictures of our life since 2008 and some shraing financial issues such as common bank account and something like this and some close relatives here in Canada and also in Iran that they are informed about our emotional relation.
I would be appreciated if you could share your experiences and advices to help us rejoinig together on this way. How should we proof our relationship? What is going on and expecting us on this path?
Thanks in advanced.
Have you lived together for 1 year continuously?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, Actually we turned into partnership on 2008 and lived together more than a year. But we are apart now since September 2019.
If you included him as your common law partner once you get PR your dependents will go through the PR process which will be an additional 3-6 months usually.. You'll receive request for their information, medical, etc.

Reactions: Unicornicaaa

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi folks, similar situation my same sex partner is back home and she was in my Basis of Claim and in my PR application.

Does her PR application only start processing after my PR application is complete?

Also I tried linking her application to her IRCC online account and the error message reads that the category/sub category I have chosen for the application does not match the application number.

We have 2 separate application numbers for the PR application both starting with G. I tried linking her application under the family class common law partner category.

Any help is appreciated!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi folks, similar situation my same sex partner is back home and she was in my Basis of Claim and in my PR application.

Does her PR application only start processing after my PR application is complete?

Also I tried linking her application to her IRCC online account and the error message reads that the category/sub category I have chosen for the application does not match the application number.

We have 2 separate application numbers for the PR application both starting with G. I tried linking her application under the family class common law partner category.

Any help is appreciated!
Yes her application on starts being processed once yours has been completed. You will have to include proof that you have lived together for a continuous year. Being LGBTQIA+ and being part of a relationship is not enough to be included on your PR application. Things like both names on a lease, same address on bills throughout a one year period, filing taxes with her as a partner, etc. I realize in many countries some of these things would be difficult or impossible. Have you lived together for 1 continuous year?