+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LGBTQ+ Healthcare providers in Montreal?

sethday91

Sep 24, 2017
I am a transgender person who is in the process of becoming a permanent resident of Canada and will be living in Montreal. I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for trans competent primary care doctors?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I am a transgender person who is in the process of becoming a permanent resident of Canada and will be living in Montreal. I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for trans competent primary care doctors?
First of all, good luck on your way to Permanent Residence!

Regarding health care for LGBTQ+, I myself don't have good recommendations, but I would encourage you to contact LGBTQ+ groups in Montreal. I am sure that they can help you out. An organization I have heard of can be found here:

http://www.astteq.org/getsupport.html

Please note that I have no experience regarding this organization, it's just that I have heard of them (I don't live in Montreal myself). But judging by their website, they seem at least to be the people that know who to ask.

To quote from the website:

Information, resources & referrals
We have extensive information, resources and a referrals database covering a range of issues relating to social, medical and legal aspects of transitioning, as well as relating to health, housing, welfare and employment, sex workers’ rights, the justice system, immigration, sexual and reproductive health, and much more. Let us know what you’re looking for, and we will do our best to provide you with the information and referrals you need. Health care and social service providers should be sure to check out Taking Charge: A Handbook for Health Care and Social Service Providers Working with Trans People. Also, visit www.santetranshealth.org for more information and resources on trans health.