+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Level of education

GDhill

Apr 3, 2017
Hi
I have a Bachelors of Engineering from India and one year diploma from University of Toronto. What should I put in my level of education: 2 or more degrees or Bachelors Degree.
A consultant told me that I can either use Canadian Education or the one on my WES report and get point for only one.
If I'm using my Indian qualification, then they will only consider what is written in WES and will not consider my level of education as two or more degrees.
I'm not convinced that this will be the case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I have a Bachelors of Engineering from India and one year diploma from University of Toronto. What should I put in my level of education: 2 or more degrees or Bachelors Degree.
A consultant told me that I can either use Canadian Education or the one on my WES report and get point for only one.
If I'm using my Indian qualification, then they will only consider what is written in WES and will not consider my level of education as two or more degrees.
I'm not convinced that this will be the case.
You should be using both as long as your I Dian degree was evaluated by WES as bachelors in Engineering and the diploma was a postgraduate diploma with evaluation and not just continuing education. It should be 2 or more and would recommend stop using this consultant.

What was the diploma?

GDhill

Apr 3, 2017
You should be using both as long as your I Dian degree was evaluated by WES as bachelors in Engineering and the diploma was a postgraduate diploma with evaluation and not just continuing education. It should be 2 or more and would recommend stop using this consultant.

What was the diploma?
Alternative dispute resolution

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I couldn't find the diploma a U of T but a course at York was very short and may not count. How long was the ADR course? Was it full-time?

Feb 17, 2020
Hello All,

I have confusion on this question of PR POINT CALCULATOR
4) What is your level of education?
Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate o
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)

1. I have completed Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering in India, which is assed by WES & ECA Bachelor degree (4 Years)
2. I have completed Ontario College Diploma (2 years ) in computer system technician in Ontario, Canada.

Which Option I should Select in 4) What is your level of education? => Two or More Cerfitifacte, Diplomas, or Degree.

Thanks In Advance.