+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Level of education scores increased in the "preview my score" section after getting ITA

sdg89

Apr 1, 2018
Hi,

I have received ITA with a score of 448 (cut off was 446). Now after filling in all the details in the "preview my score section" my score is shown as 456. I have not changed any information from before receiving the ITA. It seems that the level of education score has increased for me(+7) as well as for my spouse(+1). I am not sure what to do now. If anyone has any experience of a similar kind please do share.

Thanks

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Usually this indicates that you've added a credential differently than you added it in your EE profile-- for example, you may have listed a master's degree as a master's rather than whatever it was evaluated as (for example, a one year postgraduate program). You must list your education as it appears on your ECA.

The difference between each educational level with spouse is 7 points, so that indicates to me that that's probably where you're seeing a change. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

rajwantkaur

Nov 13, 2017
Usually this indicates that you've added a credential differently than you added it in your EE profile-- for example, you may have listed a master's degree as a master's rather than whatever it was evaluated as (for example, a one year postgraduate program). You must list your education as it appears on your ECA.

The difference between each educational level with spouse is 7 points, so that indicates to me that that's probably where you're seeing a change. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Thanks

rajwantkaur

Nov 13, 2017

Hi, Here is the complete detail of my Education history for pre and post ITA:

When I fill up questionnaire for FSW eligibility I choose level of education "Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees one must be for a program of three or more years".

While creating Express Entry profile,I create two separate fields for your two credentials.

For bachelors degree, level of education selected is actual level of education "Bachelor's degree OR a 3 or more year program at a university college, trade or technical school or other institutes". Then we have this following question where we have to choose level of education according to ECA report-
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. Answer to this question again "Bachelor's degree OR a 3 or more year program at a university college, trade or technical school or other institutes"

In the second field I entered second credential. It is a masters degree and ECA states as post graduate diploma I did this-
Answer all the questions regarding field of study, duration, institute name, completed academic years and level of credential according to the actual details. after that fill all the questions regarding ECA and answered the following question according to the ECA report-
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. Answer to this question is "1-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institutes"

After this, When I got ITA, Exactly same details are filled over there(they are carry forward from EE Profile) in Education history. When I click on Preview My Score I got extra point for education (126 instead of 119).

Please help, What went wrong!! I am stuck on this issue and unable to sumbit my APR

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019

When I fill up questionnaire for FSW eligibility I choose level of education "Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees one must be for a program of three or more years".

While creating Express Entry profile,I create two separate fields for your two credentials.

For bachelors degree, level of education selected is actual level of education "Bachelor's degree OR a 3 or more year program at a university college, trade or technical school or other institutes". Then we have this following question where we have to choose level of education according to ECA report-
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. Answer to this question again "Bachelor's degree OR a 3 or more year program at a university college, trade or technical school or other institutes"

In the second field I entered second credential. It is a masters degree and ECA states as post graduate diploma I did this-
Answer all the questions regarding field of study, duration, institute name, completed academic years and level of credential according to the actual details. after that fill all the questions regarding ECA and answered the following question according to the ECA report-
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. Answer to this question is "1-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institutes"

After this, When I got ITA, Exactly same details are filled over there(they are carry forward from EE Profile) in Education history. When I click on Preview My Score I got extra point for education (126 instead of 119).

Please help, What went wrong!! I am stuck on this issue and unable to sumbit my APR
Hmm... I really don't know. If it's saying you're getting 126 points in education, that means it's assigning you points for a master's degree, and you've clearly indicated that you wrote it as a 1-year program. Are you sure there isn't somewhere where you accidentally identified it as a master's? Otherwise I'm afraid I can't help you much more. Maybe somebody else has more knowledge on this matter.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hi, has anyone figured out what is the issue here?
I am facing a similar problem. In my EE profile, I entered spouse masters as 2 year program at a college, university or institute and in WES evaluation I entered as None. This is as per WES report.
Post ITA, my profile has exactly same information. None has been changed/updated.
But now in Preview Score I am getting an additional point under Spouse Education.
It looks like post ITA eAPR form is picking the 'Level of Education' data whereas the EE submission form is picking 'Level of Education (Canadian Equivalent)' data.

This addition of 1 point is not substantially altering the position. My EE score is well above the cutoff of 441.

Should I delete spouse post graduate course entirely? Or leave it there and specify the discrepancy in the LOE?

Abhi272727

Sep 10, 2018
I am in a similar situation, when I am adding level of education as Masters and Candian equivalency aa Bachelor's (4 years) my points are going up 8 points.

Please give a suggestions, what could be done.
Thank you.

Athirar

Oct 30, 2018
Hi,

I have received ITA with a score of 448 (cut off was 446). Now after filling in all the details in the "preview my score section" my score is shown as 456. I have not changed any information from before receiving the ITA. It seems that the level of education score has increased for me(+7) as well as for my spouse(+1). I am not sure what to do now. If anyone has any experience of a similar kind please do share.

Thanks
Hi, How did you resolve this? It would be helpful if you could share your experience.

Athirar

Oct 30, 2018
I am in a similar situation, when I am adding level of education as Masters and Candian equivalency aa Bachelor's (4 years) my points are going up 8 points.

Please give a suggestions, what could be done.
Thank you.
Hi, Did you submit your ITA. How did you go about?

Athirar

Oct 30, 2018
Hi, has anyone figured out what is the issue here?
I am facing a similar problem. In my EE profile, I entered spouse masters as 2 year program at a college, university or institute and in WES evaluation I entered as None. This is as per WES report.
Post ITA, my profile has exactly same information. None has been changed/updated.
But now in Preview Score I am getting an additional point under Spouse Education.
It looks like post ITA eAPR form is picking the 'Level of Education' data whereas the EE submission form is picking 'Level of Education (Canadian Equivalent)' data.

This addition of 1 point is not substantially altering the position. My EE score is well above the cutoff of 441.

Should I delete spouse post graduate course entirely? Or leave it there and specify the discrepancy in the LOE?
Hi, How did you go about?

Muzammil_Rizvi

Aug 9, 2018
Muscat
Category........
FSW

Hi, Please advise what you did in your case. Did you proceeded with submitting the APR or rejected the ITA?

needhelp09

May 2, 2019
Hi, Please advise what you did in your case. Did you proceeded with submitting the APR or rejected the ITA?
Hi, I am facing the same situation that you faced. My Post ITA scores has also increased compared to my pre ITA scores due to my education as well. I was wondering what did you do about your situation? What did you explain in LoE as I see from your signature you have submitted your application?

prshankar

Star Member
Dec 10, 2021
Hi,

Thanks
how did you resolved this issue