Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
Friends, I know everyone of us is stressed out with the current situation of our PR Applications. Policy from Citizenship and immigration changes depends on the government and we can't question anyone. Moreover, becoming a PR in Canada is not anyone's right, it's just a privilege. However, we all have submitted our Applications to CIC because CIC wanted us to. We have paid for the service as well. So we will raise our voice to them so that they can understand the trouble and the uncertainty being caused by this delay.
Everyone of us have to send a letter to the Minister and Deputy Minister for citizenship and immigration. We still have a week (4th Nov) to get to know details of the new citizenship and immigration Ministers. Meantime, we can prepare a letter in this forum explaining our pain. what do you guys think?

I found the below format in one of the site. Looks good and we can add more details.

"Hello CIC,

We understand that Express Entry is the best way to immigrate to Canada since January 2015. However, when we all applied there was NO Express Entry, we applied the way CIC wanted us to. We would appreciate if you could prioritize our applications before the Express Entry as Canada is a democratic country and every person should be given a fair chance. With CIC putting all the manpower and focus on making Express Entry a success, us older applicants are suffering. I trust that CIC would be making the right decision going forward.

Thank you in advance for your understanding."

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
SVB said:
Friends, I know everyone of us is stressed out with the current situation of our PR Applications. Policy from Citizenship and immigration changes depends on the government and we can't question anyone. Moreover, becoming a PR in Canada is not anyone's right, it's just a privilege. However, we all have submitted our Applications to CIC because CIC wanted us to. We have paid for the service as well. So we will raise our voice to them so that they can understand the trouble and the uncertainty being caused by this delay.
Everyone of us have to send a letter to the Minister and Deputy Minister for citizenship and immigration. We still have a week (4th Nov) to get to know details of the new citizenship and immigration Ministers. Meantime, we can prepare a letter in this forum explaining our pain. what do you guys think?

I found the below format in one of the site. Looks good and we can add more details.

"Hello CIC,

We understand that Express Entry is the best way to immigrate to Canada since January 2015. However, when we all applied there was NO Express Entry, we applied the way CIC wanted us to. We would appreciate if you could prioritize our applications before the Express Entry as Canada is a democratic country and every person should be given a fair chance. With CIC putting all the manpower and focus on making Express Entry a success, us older applicants are suffering. I trust that CIC would be making the right decision going forward.

I agree! We need to provide more details since the new minister probably will not be aware of any of the details.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SVB said:

"Hello CIC,

Comments: for the first sentence, let directly to the topic , make the reader aware what we want them to know .

If I am the reader, I would want to know what's problem firstly.

then if I already knew the problem , I may start to find excuse to fight against it, in that moment, then, we should give our "disagree and why" with it .

jonahyoo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Do you think there is anyway that we can directly reach the immigration minister?

I guess normal CIC officers are just going to ignore our letters or emails.

I hope we can talk to the Minister directly...

SVB

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
12-08-2014
Med's Request
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
jonahyoo said:
Do you think there is anyway that we can directly reach the immigration minister?

I guess normal CIC officers are just going to ignore our letters or emails.

I hope we can talk to the Minister directly...
I am not sure whether we will be able to meet them personally. But I believe that they don't ignore the letters (may ignore emails). we want to know first who is the minister for Citizenship and immigration and we should be ready with a proper letter before that.

LFB72

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-08-2014
Med's Request
20-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received in mail 11-02-2016
SVB said:
I am not sure whether we will be able to meet them personally. But I believe that they don't ignore the letters (may ignore emails). we want to know first who is the minister for Citizenship and immigration and we should be ready with a proper letter before that.
They need to be letters sent to him/her - not emails.

SVB

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
12-08-2014
Med's Request
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
LFB72 said:
They need to be letters sent to him/her - not emails.
Will send email as well along with letters.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this would be our only hope .

write to media won't help , I searched the articles which criticize CIC , but it never help resolve problem, CIC just ignore them.

I also find case : some MP write letter not email to CIC to question the CIC case process time. but it blocked by current immigration minister at last.

the one who write paper letter to question process time is the NDP MP : Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe

so , both MP and media actually can't get any response.

CIC won't supply evidence to prove that their process time is slow.

any MP's work no matter challenge or anything else, belong to query , because they have no evidence. so it is just a query for CIC, they can reject it as , they are too busy .

There is only one path left for all of us , if new minister ignore us again .

sue CIC , let them to see the lawyer .

and actually it is not bad idea. lots of case get result through this way .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yixiaop26 said:
sue CIC , let them to see the lawyer .

and actually it is not bad idea. lots of case get result through this way .
They don't actually.

You may want to read through the FSW litigation thread before you consider going the legal route. Lots of money and years of time spent by applicants suing CIC with absolutely zero result.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
They don't actually.

You may want to read through the FSW litigation thread before you consider going the legal route. Lots of money and years of time spent by applicants suing CIC with absolutely zero result.

Everyone get different information, but youself are the only one who can make decision . I believe, there are terrible result for some case.

but I do heard lots of good case too.

doubty

Mar 5, 2014
Hi guys,

I redacted a letter too, we can all contribute and change. I think it should aim the new minister but it is a good idea too to reach the media, the louder we are the better.

Dear XXXX,

I contact you because I would like you to be aware of a situation that is affecting around 5000 people, most of them living in different cities along Canada and struggling to know what their situation in this country is going to be. I am one of the applicants of the 2014 Canadian Experience Class program prior to the new Express Entry system.

I applied through the Canadian Experience Class stream in October 2014, by that time CIC had an estimated processing time of 12 months, now the official processing time has increased to 14 months, but most of the applicants have already been waiting longer. After contacting different MP´s who contacted CIC themselves, we got to know that this time has actually increased to 20 months but is not updated in their web page yet. As per the trends we are afraid the waiting time is going to keep growing indefinitely.

MP´s found out that the reason for this delay is that CIC has almost all their resources working in Express Entry, which has priority over our old system applications. I understand that becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada is a privilege, however I find that discriminating our previous applications in favor of the later Expess Entry is unfair to all the applicants and I can not think in any reason for this other than trying to make look Express Entry as a success.

As you can imagine, this situation is causing a lot uncertainty in the life of many people that has invest so much time and money in pursuing the Permanent Residecy, students and workers that have already been adapted and are contributing to life in Canada. Some have lost their work permits and some had to leave the country and wait in the limbo of not knowing if or when they could be able to come back. Seeing the effects CIC way of
handling this situation is causing, I honestly can not think of Express Entry as a success.

I respectfully request you to do what is in your hand to make CIC work in 2014 Canadian Expericence Class applications with proper resources in order to clear the unfair backlog of applications.

Thank you so much in advance for your understanding and consideration.

Sincerely
xxxxx

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great work...Looks good to me. Are we taking signature of the applicants or every individual is sending it

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
doubty said:
Hi guys,

I redacted a letter too, we can all contribute and change. I think it should aim the new minister but it is a good idea too to reach the media, the louder we are the better.

Dear XXXX,

I contact you because I would like you to be aware of a situation that is affecting around 5000 people, most of them living in different cities along Canada and struggling to know what their situation in this country is going to be. I am one of the applicants of the 2014 Canadian Experience Class program prior to the new Express Entry system.

I applied through the Canadian Experience Class stream in October 2014, by that time CIC had an estimated processing time of 12 months, now the official processing time has increased to 14 months, but most of the applicants have already been waiting longer. After contacting different MP´s who contacted CIC themselves, we got to know that this time has actually increased to 20 months but is not updated in their web page yet. As per the trends we are afraid the waiting time is going to keep growing indefinitely.

MP´s found out that the reason for this delay is that CIC has almost all their resources working in Express Entry, which has priority over our old system applications. I understand that becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada is a privilege, however I find that discriminating our previous applications in favor of the later Expess Entry is unfair to all the applicants and I can not think in any reason for this other than trying to make look Express Entry as a success.

As you can imagine, this situation is causing a lot uncertainty in the life of many people that has invest so much time and money in pursuing the Permanent Residecy, students and workers that have already been adapted and are contributing to life in Canada. Some have lost their work permits and some had to leave the country and wait in the limbo of not knowing if or when they could be able to come back. Seeing the effects CIC way of
handling this situation is causing, I honestly can not think of Express Entry as a success.

I respectfully request you to do what is in your hand to make CIC work in 2014 Canadian Expericence Class applications with proper resources in order to clear the unfair backlog of applications.

Thank you so much in advance for your understanding and consideration.

Sincerely
xxxxx
It looks good. However, since we are going to send the same letter all together. It is maybe a good idea to change "I" to "we" and add a sentence that we (the applicants) decided to send this letter together (or something like this).

doubty

Mar 5, 2014
If we are going to send it as a group we should do those changes. But if we were to send it this way I guess it should be better some applicant from June or even May or whatever earlier month could send it. Also thought that the people in touch with their MP could talk to them and try them to make the letter get to the minister

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msingh199 said:
great work...Looks good to me. Are we taking signature of the applicants or every individual is sending it
Can we ask local MP help deliver this letter to new minister , if so we can 100% avoid mail left in junk box.