Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I am also curious, how more or less explain to our friends and family what is expected of those letters of support from them that we need to submit?

what more or less did your friends and family write in those letters of support for your relationship? in the guide it only says 'supporting that your relationship is genuine' which is quite vague, so i am wondering - Do they need to describe how they've met us, or focus more on how they think we are together, or whether they think we're a good relationship, or maybe on how we both make each other happy, etc? or all of the above? ;)

baffiee

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015 (AOR1); 08-09-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
(SA) 31-08-2015
Med's Done....
upfront 29-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
Lady_Ashka said:
I am also curious, how more or less explain to our friends and family what is expected of those letters of support from them that we need to submit?

what more or less did your friends and family write in those letters of support for your relationship? in the guide it only says 'supporting that your relationship is genuine' which is quite vague, so i am wondering - Do they need to describe how they've met us, or focus more on how they think we are together, or whether they think we're a good relationship, or maybe on how we both make each other happy, etc? or all of the above? ;)
Hi! Well me and my husband each wrote a letter describing the day we met, how our relationship developed, what trips did we go to, what family member of his I met, how often did I see them, how did we live together etc. Just honest letter about our relationship. Besides that, we asked our old workmate to write a brief story of us (me and my husband worked together). We didn't ask our family to write any letter though, but I think they should just write how they met you, how do you get along with them, what family events did you attend, if they noticed how happy their son is now, how they like you etc.
What we did, is we included some Facebook screen shots where his mother wished me happy Birthday and congratulated me on the birth of our baby. We also included Skype screen shots of me chatting with my mother-in-law, aunt-in-law, sister-in-law. Also, Birthday and Christmas cards are a very good asset.

Good luck! :D

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thanks so much! :)

I was referring to those 2 letters the guide/forms ask for (we have lots of friends and family who want to write these), and not our description of our relationship. so I think "how they met you, how do you get along with them, what family events did you attend, if they noticed how happy their son is now, how they like you etc." is what I was imagining it should be :) thanks :)

yamgia

Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lady_Ashka said:

This might help you with examples ^^.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canada-immigration-forum/-t47010.0.html