+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Proof of Relationship

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
Hi, seniors & forumers

Would like to validate/confirm of something regarding proof of relationship. When writing the proof of relationship, should it be written separately by sponsor (my fiance, soon to be hubby) and principal applicant (sponsored/me)? Because I read here in the forum that they have written their proof of relationship separately. One will be written by sponsor and other proof of relationship will also be written by principal applicant or sponsored? Your valuable insight on this.

Thanks and best regards,
Lucky

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
What exactly do you mean when you say "writing the proof of relationship"?
Do you mean that you intend to write additional letters of explanation to include in your application that contain information about your relationship? This is not a requirement and so it doesn't matter if one or both of you do it, it's up to you.

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Hi, seniors & forumers

Would like to validate/confirm of something regarding proof of relationship. When writing the proof of relationship, should it be written separately by sponsor (my fiance, soon to be hubby) and principal applicant (sponsored/me)? Because I read here in the forum that they have written their proof of relationship separately. One will be written by sponsor and other proof of relationship will also be written by principal applicant or sponsored? Your valuable insight on this.

Thanks and best regards,
Lucky
The letters are typically written for the relationship questionnaire form (I believe its IMM 5332E), specifically for part C, question 11. Some couples decide to write a combined letter, some decide to write separate letters, some ditch the letter idea and simply write very simple timelines, and others dont feel the need to write anything at all. So its completely up to you what you would like to do.

For me personally, I was going to have my husband and I write separate letters but he is a bad writer and I tend to ramble, so instead I'm in the process of writing a combined letter where I'm writing the point of view in 3rd person,and also formatted is as a timeline to help minimize rambling.

Reactions: luckyhirang

rowanrowan

Apr 13, 2015
MANILA
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
18-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-03-2017
File Transfer...
03-24-2017
Med's Request
04-21-2017
Med's Done....
05-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-31-2017
We wrote using third person POV to tell our story and to make things clearer, we also attached a simple timeline.

Reactions: luckyhirang

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
What exactly do you mean when you say "writing the proof of relationship"?
Do you mean that you intend to write additional letters of explanation to include in your application that contain information about your relationship? This is not a requirement and so it doesn't matter if one or both of you do it, it's up to you.
Hi, KBH

Yes additional letter of proof of relationship. A narrative that would prove the veracity or a genuine relationship.
Greatly appreciate your reply.

Regards,
Lucky

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
The letters are typically written for the relationship questionnaire form (I believe its IMM 5332E), specifically for part C, question 11. Some couples decide to write a combined letter, some decide to write separate letters, some ditch the letter idea and simply write very simple timelines, and others dont feel the need to write anything at all. So its completely up to you what you would like to do.

For me personally, I was going to have my husband and I write separate letters but he is a bad writer and I tend to ramble, so instead I'm in the process of writing a combined letter where I'm writing the point of view in 3rd person,and also formatted is as a timeline to help minimize rambling.
Hi, Ceimi

Thank you for replying. I would also do the same. My fiance is not at good at writing. Greatly appreciate for your valuable insight. I would do the same as you do.

All the best to you!

Regards,
Lucky