+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter Of introduction

Ginoy george

Jun 3, 2016
Hi friends,

I received passport with stamped visa yesterday. However, i didn't receive any LOI. Can u guys Please help me out ASAP. And i have applied online. So will LOI comes in my account directly??

please reply

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
My friend got it just instantly. But I have seen some people on this forum getting after a day.

I know only about paper based application linked online. Let experience member comment on the online process.

Ginoy george

Jun 3, 2016
I have got a message yesterday. But it says in that letter. Your application has been approved. and many other things. Is this LOI?

for Eg,

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.

Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also
enter no later than the visa validity date.

This letter is not a passport or travel identification, and it is not a legal authorization permitting you to enter or
remain in Canada. Is this LOI

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
it has to be a two page letter. with uci no application no. study permit validity. You can download in pdf.

jav98

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru, India (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2016
Med's Done....
01-07-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
31-08-2016
Yes, that's the one. I too received it.

jav98

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2016
Med's Done....
01-07-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
31-08-2016
Ginoy george said:
Hi friends,

I received passport with stamped visa yesterday. However, i didn't receive any LOI. Can u guys Please help me out ASAP. And i have applied online. So will LOI comes in my account directly??

please reply
BTW, did you submit passport via VFS?

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hir3 said:
it has to be a two page letter. with uci no application no. study permit validity. You can download in pdf.
Are you sure? I received a single page LOI, have all of you received a two page letter?

Su98

Aug 13, 2016
Ginoy george said:
I have got a message yesterday. But it says in that letter. Your application has been approved. and many other things. Is this LOI?

for Eg,

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.

Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also
enter no later than the visa validity date.

This letter is not a passport or travel identification, and it is not a legal authorization permitting you to enter or
remain in Canada. Is this LOI
Hi,can you please tell after how many days of your stamped passport return did you get this LOI . I have already got my stamped passport and my online account shows 'application status' closed and approved.but I did not receive the LOI. PLEASE HELP.

jav98

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2016
Med's Done....
01-07-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
31-08-2016
Su98 said:
Hi,can you please tell after how many days of your stamped passport return did you get this LOI . I have already got my stamped passport and my online account shows 'application status' closed and approved.but I did not receive the LOI. PLEASE HELP.
Check in the messages, in myCIC. In my case, there's a message called 'Correspondence Letter', just below the 'original passport request' message entry

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hi guys,

I submitted my passport to VAC Dhaka today after receiving a original passport request message on MyCIC account. However, I didn't get any Letter of Introduction and it worries me a little. I am not sure if passport request means good or bad as i have seen few people were refused the study permit even after submitting their passport. Also, should I expect to receive the LOI?

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Melody23 said:
Hi guys,

I submitted my passport to VAC Dhaka today after receiving a original passport request message on MyCIC account. However, I didn't get any Letter of Introduction and it worries me a little. I am not sure if passport request means good or bad as i have seen few people were refused the study permit even after submitting their passport. Also, should I expect to receive the LOI?
Too early to say so... Only once you know the decision, you may further await a LOI.
However, a lot of students are not receiving LOI and is definitely a point of worry as you will be asked for a LOI at the Port of Entry.
Its quite a disappointment to see that such important documents are neglected either from the agents or the high commission even after knowing the significance of same.

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Not receiving the LOI is always more predominant in case you have appointed an agent.
Reason is that these agents have hundred of mails and queries flowing in due to which the email gets neglected, spammed or even deleted.
These agents use Microsoft outlook and the ever existing problem with outlook is emails not delivered due to wrong incoming ID, server or inbox full. Get behind your agents and ask them to resolve the Outlook issue as most of these agents are ignorant and have zero know how about IT and system issues. They will only tell you that we have not received the LOI and it has happened in the case of most of our students but trust Me, the high commission sure sends the e-mail without failure. This is a solution at a micro-level and might imply on most of the agents.

Barcal

Jul 10, 2016
Can someone help me with this?
I asked embassy by email to issue my LOI and this is the reply I got from them:
'Dear Client,

Please note for students applying in Chandigarh who have been issued a study permit, you will not be issued a Port of Entry letter as this is not required for travel.'

This seems pretty weird because almost everyone I know who applied through Chandigarh got a LOI.

Immigration Section