+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of explanation

Alius

Oct 28, 2013
Hello....
Just want to know what you all think about my letters of explanation. If I have to fix something or good as it is

To Whom It May Concern:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I was unable to obtain a letter of employment from one of my employers in the past three years, because xxxx refused to write it, so I am submitting this letter of explanation instead.
I was working full – time approximately 44 hours per week for xxxx Construction LTD. as a carpenter, framer for the period of August 29, 2011 to April 2, 2012. These dates may not be exact it is approximately plus/minus five days of start and end of employment at Boshman construction LTD. I cannot provide you exact dates of employment, because I do not have any records from xxxx, except foreign workers employment contract which I signed on February 2, 2012 after I got Labor Market Opinion for Drywall installer and Finisher NOC code 7284, from xxxx. Never worked in this position at xxxx Construction LTD.
During my employment I was paid on an hourly basis at the rate of $18 per hour.

My responsibilities as a carpenter, framer included:

• Measuring, cutting, building exterior and interior walls
• Installing joists, lay subfloor, leveling and bracing walls
• Sheeting walls
• Keeping work place clean and tidy.

My gross earnings per year were as follows:

• December, 2011 $11.263
• January – April, 2012 $8.635

Thank you for your consideration,

Alius

And another one :

To Whom It May Concern:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I was unable to obtain a letter of employment from one of my employers in the past three years, because xxx refused to write it, so I am submitting this letter of explanation instead.
I was employed full – time approximately 35 hours per week for xxx as a fast food preparer for the period of July 15, 2011 to August 26, 2011. These dates may not be exact it is approximately plus/minus five days of start and end of employment at xxx. I cannot provide you exact dates of employment, because I did not receive Record of Employment from xxx.
During my employment I was paid on an hourly basis at the rate of $11 per hour.

My responsibilities as a fast food preparer included:
• Take customers orders
• Serve customers at counters
• Use deep fryer
• Cleaning

My gross earnings per year were as follows:

• July – August, 2011 $2.588

Thank you for your consideration,

Alius

Alius

Oct 28, 2013
I don't have an ROE, that's why I don't know my start day. And why I should not say about LMO. Anyways I will have to send my all contracts and copies of LMO and copies of work permits, so immigration officer will notice that anyways. But at that time when he gave me that contract and LMO for drywaller my OPEN Work permit still was valid.
What's your suggestion with that. How should I simplify ?

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
But if you have 12 months proven experience in last 3 yrs in Canada, you are eligible for CEC. If you meet this criteria with proof of 40 hrs working a week and still unable to produce one of the past documents within three years, I think it should still be OK with a simple explanation.

Alius

Oct 28, 2013
I am working as a drywaller go rather company more than 14 months and I have a good letter of reference from them and all the pay stubs and t4. I am just wondering how should I explain about that other employer for whom I worked as a carpenter, but I have no pay stubs from him or ROE, I have just that lmo which he gave me 2 months before I received new work permit for drywaller, but after that I quit right away, because he did not respect lmo and didn't do any payroll, but at that time my open work permit was valid and I did my taxes as a self employed using my bank statements. So I have only notice of assessment.

shri_boss

Jan 10, 2013
Hi all,

Don't we need to write "From" and "To" addressing the Visa officer?

I'm also in the same boat.

Thanks.

Alius

Oct 28, 2013
byrwus said:
If I were you, I would do the following:

1. I would declare as skilled (IMM008 schedule 8) only the employment as a drywaller for 14 months with a solid letter from an employer.
2. For the remaining two, I would write one letter only without all the hassle around it.
- I worked from.... to ....as a ........ The salary....... NUmber of works....main duties...........LMO under the NOC...... Letter not available because.............
You can add a setnece saying that this employment could be recognized as skilled but because you already meet the employment threshold and because of the difficulties with the letter, you do not report it as skilled.
and the same for the second employment.

I cannot find any info saying, that in the schedule 8 economic classes-canadian experience class you should put info only about skilled experience it just says put the info from the last three years of your employments

Just one simple document. All they need is to see that you have a full year as skilled.

I was a custodian for 3 weeks and I provided a simple letter without duties.

Lastly, Nothing is 100% sue. I do not have my AOR yet.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Alius said:
after I got Labor Market Opinion for Drywall installer and Finisher NOC code 7284, from xxxx. Never worked in this position at xxxx Construction LTD.
I don't know what kind of work permit you were actually using at this time, but if you never applied for a change of conditions/new work permit using the LMO, then there's no need to mention it. It would have simply expired.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Alius said:
I am just wondering how should I explain about that other employer for whom I worked as a carpenter, but I have no pay stubs from him or ROE, I have just that lmo which he gave me 2 months before I received new work permit for drywaller, but after that I quit right away, because he did not respect lmo and didn't do any payroll, but at that time my open work permit was valid and I did my taxes as a self employed using my bank statements. So I have only notice of assessment.
For this position, if you were self-employed, you don't need a letter (your "employer" was not an employer, but a client), just make sure under your employment history (Background Declaration) you indicate self-employed.

For the other position, just a name/contact information of the employer, and it will be fine. It won't count either, but at least you've covered your bases.

Alius

Oct 28, 2013
Well, too late I already sent my application. I did not indicate that I was self employed. Hope it won't be a problem.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Alius said:
Well, too late I already sent my application. I did not indicate that I was self employed. Hope it won't be a problem.
I wouldn't worry to much about those, good luck!