Letter of Explanation - Transcripts for proof of study, need help

_ryersonfs

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I got ITA a few days ago, while going through all required documents:

The problem is I lost the script I used for WES certificate(done in June), if I get another script in September, and add this new script to proof of study, do I need to add a Letter of Explanation? (Since the WES certificate corresponds to an older script, and the course content might be slightly different).

Thank you!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Letter of Explanation - Scripts for proof of study, need help

The system doesn't prompt you to upload transcripts - presuming that is what you meant by 'script'. Just upload your WES report and degree/diploma copies, as applicable.

_ryersonfs

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Asivad Anac said:
The system doesn't prompt you to upload transcripts - presuming that is what you meant by 'script'. Just upload your WES report and degree/diploma copies, as applicable.
Thanks for the answer Asivad!

I was worried cos I saw this on the official checklist (and I meant transcripts):

"Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); **and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.**"

I guess it would be safer if I upload a new transcript, although a LOE is not necessary?

Thanks again!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

_ryersonfs said:
Thanks for the answer Asivad!

I was worried cos I saw this on the official checklist (and I meant transcripts):

"Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); **and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.**"

I guess it would be safer if I upload a new transcript, although a LOE is not necessary?

Thanks again!
True. That seems to have been a fairly recent update to the instructions. Previously, the instructions appeared differently and transcripts were required only for Canadian education credentials (if applicable).

Even now, it clearly says proof can include transcripts if available. I imagine that clearly means that they aren't mandatory.