03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Hi All

I am yet again here requesting thoughts/comments on using LoE along with the application.

I see LoE as a document providing a high-level overview of the application to the officers so to make it easier for reviewers to have application understood. For example, I have changes provinces as I ran out of contract in a nominated province and I see that mentioning this in LoE will provide an insight into the application. In addition, I am also planning to explain how I have completed 1095 days (as I did soft landing and then moved back permanently). Do you see any downside of it? I am just worried that what if additional information creates more work for them.

Second question - I have heard somewhere that if you have sponsored or invited someone for a visit visa to Canada, then it is highly likely that citizenship application is processed faster than otherwise as some basic checks are already done and that makes application processing faster. Appreciate any comments on it.

Thanks in advance.

Shey.

Jul 17, 2019
For example, I have changes provinces as I ran out of contract in a nominated province and I see that mentioning this in LoE will provide an insight into the application.
You don't need to explain that. You have the right to move to anywhere in Canada.
In my opinion, LoE shouldn't be a part of the application. If you send everything according to the check list and you physical present calculator shows at least 1095 days spent in Canada you will have no issues with the processing.

As for the second question I think it's not the case.

Reactions: adey786 and JPBless

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
^^ I agree with the answer above that LoE shouldn't be part of any application. It's funny tho that all my application had LoE on them.. My WP extension had LoE about my salary LOL, My PR had my LoE for wrong date of birth on police clearance and my citizenship had my LoE for having 4 different names (different country, different rules on using middle name/last name). It's just going to complicate things!

When CIC don't ask for your explanation, don't submit anything. When they ask you further info, then that's the time you can submit your answer. But sometimes, they just ask this question after you write your test. Like a friend of mine, she's been travelling outside of Canada so her residency was in question. She already wrote a test last month but her travel history is under investigation so the decision is not made yet.

As for you, you're inside Canada. We have the freedom to live and work anywhere inside Canada. I think, you're good.

Second question, I am not so sure about that. I invited my mother and brother here and it didn't make my application faster.. But again, I had issues with my last name (cause of delay)

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
You don't need to explain that. You have the right to move to anywhere in Canada.
In my opinion, LoE shouldn't be a part of the application. If you send everything according to the check list and you physical present calculator shows at least 1095 days spent in Canada you will have no issues with the processing.

As for the second question I think it's not the case.
Thanks. All clear. Understood

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
^^ I agree with the answer above that LoE shouldn't be part of any application. It's funny tho that all my application had LoE on them.. My WP extension had LoE about my salary LOL, My PR had my LoE for wrong date of birth on police clearance and my citizenship had my LoE for having 4 different names (different country, different rules on using middle name/last name). It's just going to complicate things!

When CIC don't ask for your explanation, don't submit anything. When they ask you further info, then that's the time you can submit your answer. But sometimes, they just ask this question after you write your test. Like a friend of mine, she's been travelling outside of Canada so her residency was in question. She already wrote a test last month but her travel history is under investigation so the decision is not made yet.

As for you, you're inside Canada. We have the freedom to live and work anywhere inside Canada. I think, you're good.

Second question, I am not so sure about that. I invited my mother and brother here and it didn't make my application faster.. But again, I had issues with my last name (cause of delay)

Thank you for detailed reply. On second question, I think only time will tell. Are you done with citizenship process?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Thank you for detailed reply. On second question, I think only time will tell. Are you done with citizenship process?
The answer to the second question is no for sure, no need to wait for ‘time’ to tell. The reasoning behind that theory is just absurd. The sponsored visitor visa is usually approved within weeks, whatever ‘checks’ involved are nothing compared to the checks needed for citizenship. Even renewing PR card, which would need lot more checking than sponsoring visitor visa, still does nothing to speed up citizenship processing

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
The answer to the second question is no for sure, no need to wait for ‘time’ to tell. The reasoning behind that theory is just absurd. The sponsored visitor visa is usually approved within weeks, whatever ‘checks’ involved are nothing compared to the checks needed for citizenship. Even renewing PR card, which would need lot more checking than sponsoring visitor visa, still does nothing to speed up citizenship processing
Thanks. Fair comment and it makes sense. Thanks.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....