+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Explanation (LOE) Format

kamil86

Mar 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Received ITA on 6 March. Compiling LOEs for various sections. For my passport section, I have made the following LOE format. Do you guys think it's okay or is it providing too much information that's not asked for? Tips and feedback are requried!

P.S. my international travel was less than a month each time

TIA

[Name]
[Address]
[Phone Number]

Subject: Letter of Explanation – Passport/Travel Documents

Attached: (1) Expired Passport and Passport Number (2) Expiry Date of Expired Passport (3) Visa and Immigration Stamps for Karachi-Thailand-Karachi international travel (4) Visa and Immigration Stamps for Karachi-Malaysia-Thailand-Karachi international travel (5) Issue Date and Passport Number of Renewed Passport (6) Spill Marks on Damaged Passport (7) Receipt of Replacement of Damaged Passport (8) Valid Passport

Karachi, 1st May 2019

Dear Officer,

I am writing you this letter to explain some points that might have caught your attention when considering the attached documents relating to the Passport section. Please find the explanations below:

§ I first had my passport made in 2012 with passport number ABC123 (see Attachment 1)

§ My first passport as shown in Attachment 1 is now expired and contains Visas and Immigration entry/exit stamps for all my international travel history (see Attachment 2 for Expiry Date)

§ As mentioned in my application, my first international travel was from Karachi to Thailand and Back to Karachi for which my passport page 5 is attached (see Attachment 3)

§ My second and last international travel was from Karachi to Malaysia; from Malaysia I went to Thailand and then came back to Karachi, for which my passport pages 3 & 4 are attached (Attachment 4)

§ My passport was renewed in 2017 with the same passport number ABC123 (see Attachment 5 for Issue Date/Passport Number); however, this passport got damaged as my child accidentally spilled some liquid on it (see Attachment 6 for spill marks, see Attachment 7 for receipt of replacement of damaged passport)

§ I received my replacement of damaged passport on 5th April 2019 with updated passport number ABC124 (old passport number: ABC123) (see Attachment 8)

§ Please be advised that all my documents like experience certificates/police certificates bear my old passport number as they were made before I received my new passport with updated passport number and that both passport numbers belong to me

I am of course at your disposal to provide you with any additional documents that you deem useful for the processing of my electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR).

Thank you in advance for the time devoted to the treatment of my e-APR.

[Name]

fahydri

Jul 20, 2019
AoA, Kamil i have also recieved ITA in end of June Draw. By this time now i hope you have got answers to your query one way or another. I wanted to know that is attaching a Letter of Explanation for your travel history required since I have only scanned all my passports and visa stamps pages in one PDF file and am planning to upload that without any LOE attached. Hoping to hear from you soon as my deadline is pretty close. Regards and Cheers.

kamil86

Mar 21, 2019
AoA, Kamil i have also recieved ITA in end of June Draw. By this time now i hope you have got answers to your query one way or another. I wanted to know that is attaching a Letter of Explanation for your travel history required since I have only scanned all my passports and visa stamps pages in one PDF file and am planning to upload that without any LOE attached. Hoping to hear from you soon as my deadline is pretty close. Regards and Cheers.
Walaikumussalam.... although I'm yet to receive ppr, what I did after going through forums and replies is attach an LOE but only to explain that my passport number changed due to expiry and renewal...also, i uploaded all pages of passport, even blank ones.

Immi124

Aug 24, 2019
JazakAllah. Happy to be of help
hi Kamil. i am currently preparing my LOE. should i prepare just one document for every topic or separate documents can be submitted for separate topics like experience letter, sibling points etc.
thanks in advance.

kamil86

Mar 21, 2019
hi Kamil. i am currently preparing my LOE. should i prepare just one document for every topic or separate documents can be submitted for separate topics like experience letter, sibling points etc.
thanks in advance.
separate documents need to be prepared. however, don't attach LOE just for the sake of it. only use LOE to explain a situation that otherwise might confuse the immigration officer. Like I didn't use LOE when uploading my degrees and transcripts since it was straightforward. I only uploaded LOE for passport because my previous one got damaged and I had to make a new one.

hassan1212

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi there!
I wanted to know whether I would need to attach LOE in the relevant heads where it is required or should I prepare a combined LOE and attach it PDF in the LOE section?

smang

Jan 4, 2020
Post ITA question : Can we attach LOE with each corresponding section? eg - LOE for employment proof be uploaded with relevant employment PDFs and Proof of fund LOE with corresponding POF documents? Thanks,

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Post ITA question : Can we attach LOE with each corresponding section? eg - LOE for employment proof be uploaded with relevant employment PDFs and Proof of fund LOE with corresponding POF documents? Thanks,
Did you submit your application? With LOE in separate section or wirte a single letter explaining different sections together and uploaded in LOE section?

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi there!
I wanted to know whether I would need to attach LOE in the relevant heads where it is required or should I prepare a combined LOE and attach it PDF in the LOE section?
How did you complete your application? I have the similar doubt

umairasma

Dec 14, 2020
Hi can anyone guide me that i have father name issue , my father name on all his documents is XY Awan which is his caste name however in my birth certificate and all relevant degrees his name is without caste name that is XY only. do i need to submit LOE or affidavit for this to prove that XY Awan and XY are same person. please guide me much worried about this.

umairasma

Dec 14, 2020
thanks in advance.
Hi please guide me that i have father name issue , my father name on all his documents is XY Awan which is his caste name however in my birth certificate and all relevant degrees his name is without caste name that is XY only. do i need to submit LOE or affidavit for this to prove that XY Awan and XY are same person. please guide me much worried about this.