+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of explanation - from a Russian student

L-228

May 17, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Hello everyone,
I'm currently in the process of writing a letter of explanation for my study permit application. I'm applying from Russia, and I'm unsure if I should mention the current war with Ukraine. I'm firmly against the war, but it seems that getting political in this letter isn't the best choice, though not mentioning it at all and just avoiding the topic altogether also seems a bit weird.

Any advice on this? I'm unsure about how to address this topic, if at all.

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
I'm currently in the process of writing a letter of explanation for my study permit application. I'm applying from Russia, and I'm unsure if I should mention the current war with Ukraine. I'm firmly against the war, but it seems that getting political in this letter isn't the best choice, though not mentioning it at all and just avoiding the topic altogether also seems a bit weird.

Any advice on this? I'm unsure about how to address this topic, if at all.

Thank you in advance.
I don't see why you would mention this in your letter.

IMO your letter needs to be focused on why you are pursing this program in Canada specifically and how it relates to your previous education and any work experience.

L-228

May 17, 2022
Category........
STUDY
I don't see why you would mention this in your letter.

IMO your letter needs to be focused on why you are pursing this program in Canada specifically and how it relates to your previous education and any work experience.
Yeah, it's a bit of a difficult topic, maybe it's best not to address it. I guess I was just overthinking it. Thanks for the advice

Reactions: scylla