+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Explanation for PRTD

ammeg2014

Dec 27, 2018
I'm applying for a PRTD from the UK, I did soft landing in 2020 and have been in the UK since due to Covid. I am now preparing to permanently move to Canada and need to apply for a PRTD as I didn't get my PR card. I still have enough time left on my visa to meet my PR requirements.

I want to include a LOE to explain why I have been away for so long. How much detail should I include in this? Do I need to explain why Covid kept me away or is just stating that it was due to Covid (aka global pandemic!) going to be enough

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm applying for a PRTD from the UK, I did soft landing in 2020 and have been in the UK since due to Covid. I am now preparing to permanently move to Canada and need to apply for a PRTD as I didn't get my PR card. I still have enough time left on my visa to meet my PR requirements.

I want to include a LOE to explain why I have been away for so long. How much detail should I include in this? Do I need to explain why Covid kept me away or is just stating that it was due to Covid (aka global pandemic!) going to be enough

Thank you
You don't need an LOE. You've been outside of Canada for less than three years. There's no issues with your residency obligation and so nothing to explain.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you
If you really want to include an LOE. Would just indicate that you are still compliant with your RO. That’s all you need to write.

Ajays94

Oct 22, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-12-2019

Thank you
How did it turn out for you?