+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of explanation after refusal (Requesting your Review and comments)

harthsiddh

Sep 9, 2022
I applied through Non-SDS
I just got a refusal stating 1 reason
"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application."

I am going to follow the way you have responded, Just a few queries,

1. I applied through SDS first time, now do you think i should apply in non sds - do you think it helps?
2. I have 7 years of experience and I do not have a sabbatical letter from my employer for this period. Will this affect my chances?

Jumane Tx

Jun 23, 2022
1. I do not think that applying through Non-SDS helps, I have read somewhere that it can help reduce the wait time especially when everyone is applying through SDS.

2. I would advise you to highlight clearly why this program is important to you and what value it will add to you. What is the evidence that you will come back to your home country, I believe if you order GCMS notes and read you can find what might have caused your refusal.

Best of luck.

harthsiddh

Sep 9, 2022
Thanks,

Do I need to apply through a new study permit application and reference the previous application in SOP as you did, Or is there any way that I can reapply in the same application which got refused?

jashatnet1

Dec 13, 2018
Hello Jumane Tx,
Would give me an answer to the question below? Thanks

My study permit application got refused twice for the same reason saying that "Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself ( and any accompanying family member (s), if applicable.
I planned to study a one-year post-graduate certificate and my first-semester tuition has already been paid. In my 1st application, I have showed bank drafts for CAD 15,000 from my sponsor which was not enough. To address this issue, in my second application I increased the bank draft value to CAD 35,000 which was enough, but still got rejected because I again missed providing the source of these funds such as a notarized letter, bank statement, employment letter, etc., from my sponsor. Now, it seems I have full information about my refusal because I got my GCMS notes. In my GCMS notes' pre-assessment section, the visa officer states that "Parent to sponsor studies. Sufficient funds provided (bank cheque). Limited evidence pertaining to the source of these funds. In the absence of satisfactory documentation showing the source of these funds, I am not satisfied that the applicant has available funds for the duration of the intended studies and other related costs in Canada. Based on the evidence submitted, recommended refusal pursuant to R 220/216. JM24892"
So, do you think I will get approved if I addressed this issue in my new application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Jumane Tx,
Would give me an answer to the question below? Thanks

My study permit application got refused twice for the same reason saying that "Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself ( and any accompanying family member (s), if applicable.
I planned to study a one-year post-graduate certificate and my first-semester tuition has already been paid. In my 1st application, I have showed bank drafts for CAD 15,000 from my sponsor which was not enough. To address this issue, in my second application I increased the bank draft value to CAD 35,000 which was enough, but still got rejected because I again missed providing the source of these funds such as a notarized letter, bank statement, employment letter, etc., from my sponsor. Now, it seems I have full information about my refusal because I got my GCMS notes. In my GCMS notes' pre-assessment section, the visa officer states that "Parent to sponsor studies. Sufficient funds provided (bank cheque). Limited evidence pertaining to the source of these funds. In the absence of satisfactory documentation showing the source of these funds, I am not satisfied that the applicant has available funds for the duration of the intended studies and other related costs in Canada. Based on the evidence submitted, recommended refusal pursuant to R 220/216. JM24892"
So, do you think I will get approved if I addressed this issue in my new application?
You need proof of where the 20k can from for example if your parents sold a plot of land they would have to prove they would need to provide all the legal documents confirming proof of sale and proof that the deed has been transferred into the the new owner’s name.

jashatnet1

Dec 13, 2018
You need proof of where the 20k can from for example if your parents sold a plot of land they would have to prove they would need to provide all the legal documents confirming proof of sale and proof that the deed has been transferred into the new owner’s name.
Thank you so much. I understood it that way. I will provide the source of these funds in my next application and I will let everyone if I got approved or not

Ekaudoh

Jan 11, 2022
If you are looking at this, I got my PPR on Sept 7th.

If you need advice on the process please let me know
Please I need your help. I got refused due to insufficient funds too. Did you order your notes before addressing the issue