+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment for multiple titles

Simon111

Apr 15, 2019
Hi everyone, I started work at my current company for 6 months in a different role and after that I moved to my current role right now (which I'm claiming NOC point for).
Question: Do I need to include my previous position on my letter? (I didn't include it in my Work History but will mention it in my Personal History). Thanks!

AbcxyzUser

Dec 4, 2019
Hi
I'm also in similar boat.
Started working at my current company as student part time. Currently working full time with new role from past 1 year and 2 months for which i'm claiming points.
Do i need to include both titles including in experience letter or just the full time job position ?
Please help!
Thanks

sjjgod

May 21, 2020
To all of you on this page, I had the same issue (3 positions in same company due to promotions). I got my PR under express entry last year. here's what i did: I submitted only one letter and the letter had details of all three positions. The letter was lengthy due to job description ...responsibilities, duties, salary etc of each and every job in the same letter. When I applied, there was different attachment places for every experience you claim points for. Don't know if the system has changed. But I uploaded the same letter in all three attachment spots.

Please be advised, for additional precaution, I got my HR department to sign, date and number every page in the 3 page letter with the company stamp (i worked for a bank in canada and our centrally located HR department in Toronto provided only one letter instead of three different ones for diff positions). Signing every page is not a rule but this ensures that your employer has vouched for every page of the letter and that its not tampered by you. There's no rule that says you have to do this but it was one of my effort to prove the legitimacy.

Was helpful. Thank you!

ggv13

Nov 29, 2019
Hi,

I worked in 2 different positions in one employer. 5 months as General Accountant(GA) and 10 months as Internal Auditor (IA). Both falls under the same NOC 1111. I would like to claim this work experience for PR application. Job duties are most likely the same. They just changed the title. My questions are:

1. Do I still need to mention both job title?
2. Will I be able to claim the one year experience even though its 5 months GA and 10 mos IA?
3. The HR is willing to give me just IA. Should I just mention IA for the whole employment period?

Thank you.

Mohsen13677

Aug 10, 2019
Yes every designation is a separate entry unless your company changed the name of your designation just like that. Example, my bank changed the name of our position name from Personal banking officer to Financial Advisor for branding purposes.. same job, same duties, same life, same salary.. nothing changed except for the titles outside our offices and our CEO lol :p

To answer your 1st Qt about the letter: When I said 3 pages, its not because of 3 positions...it was because my employer kind of acted like a govt office where they have specific formats coming from the top with your supervisor having no flexibility to create an employment letter of his own imagination. Thus it was detailed with awful lot of crap not really needed. Its totally upto you whether you want 2 pages, 3 pages, 4 pages or 10 pages for your 3 positions. It should follow the guidelines mentioned in this link under section proof of experience. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

To give you an example:
JSPCAN worked in COMPANY A and held positions A1 (2012) AND A2 (2013)
JSPCAN worked in COMPANY B and held positions B1 (2014), B2 (2015) AND B3 (2016 to current)
For express entry, JSPCAN would approach COMPANY A's HR/supervisor for ONE letter providing job details, resp, salary etc for each of the positions A1 and A2 with the relevant dates. JESPCAN would upload that SAME letter in each of the two entries A1 and A2 as express entry will generate uploading of docs for every entry.
JESPCAN would also approach COMPANY B for ONE letter giving out details for all 3 positions held there with relevant dates start to end or if still working then as start date to current etc. Again that same letter will go in 3 entries for those 3 position.
TOTAL letters :2 TOTAL WORK EXPERIENCE ENTTRIES IN EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE: 5
If you find it odd to upload the same letter in diff spots, you may do what I did. I created different pdfs for every entry containing the same letter but with different payslips. Example to show COMPANY A work experience, JSPCAN would create 2 PDF files, PDF #1: letter + payslips for A1. PDF #2: letter + payslips for A2 and then uploade those pdfs in relevant position spots i.e A1 AND A2.

sorry if its too detailed and confusing. hope this helps

Hi. I have the same situation here. [... unless your company changed the name of your designation just like that. Example, my bank changed the name of our position name from Personal banking officer to Financial Advisor for branding purposes.. same job, same duties, same life, same salary.. nothing changed except for the titles outside our offices and our CEO]

Same duties, same life, same salary, .. but the title only changed. What should the letter look like? Thanks

EPHRAT

Jan 20, 2017
To all of you on this page, I had the same issue (3 positions in same company due to promotions). I got my PR under express entry last year. here's what i did: I submitted only one letter and the letter had details of all three positions. The letter was lengthy due to job description ...responsibilities, duties, salary etc of each and every job in the same letter. When I applied, there was different attachment places for every experience you claim points for. Don't know if the system has changed. But I uploaded the same letter in all three attachment spots.

Please be advised, for additional precaution, I got my HR department to sign, date and number every page in the 3 page letter with the company stamp (i worked for a bank in canada and our centrally located HR department in Toronto provided only one letter instead of three different ones for diff positions). Signing every page is not a rule but this ensures that your employer has vouched for every page of the letter and that its not tampered by you. There's no rule that says you have to do this but it was one of my effort to prove the legitimacy.
Did you write any LoE to tell the same reference letter is used for all positions because it included the each positions detail is included in this same latter?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Did you write any LoE to tell the same reference letter is used for all positions because it included the each positions detail is included in this same latter?
Hi, I didn’t write explanation for it. I’ve got two designations in one reference letter and just uploaded it twice.

Samirpanara86

Sep 11, 2020
Hi Mates,

I am in a similar situation....in one particlur job I had three designations/depatments.My queries:

-As per you opinion,I understand that I need to get three different job roles/responsibilities explaining each role.....But can I get it on a single letter itself rather that three different letters ? This singe letter could mention entire period and the role/responsibility of each of the three designations separately.....pls advsie

-Another related question is that while filing the online form for work ex...........should I mention about this job as three different entries for each designation or should I mention it as one entry for entire period and mention the last held designation?.. Pls advise

Regards
JSPCAN
same position! what if you worked for job title A for only 4 months and then transfered to job title B in which you wroked for more than 1 year. should we add also add job roles and responsibilities for title A even though you worked for 4 months????