+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment for multiple titles

eses66

Oct 30, 2015
I held three different titles with my current employer. But my major responsibilities remained more or less the same. Although I can arrange three different letters describing each position, the letters are almost the same except for my salary. Would it be better if I submit one letter instead of three?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
eses66 said:
I held three different titles with my current employer. But my major responsibilities remained more or less the same. Although I can arrange three different letters describing each position, the letters are almost the same except for my salary. Would it be better if I submit one letter instead of three?
As long as, all three job titles(and their duties and responsibilities) you held at the company, fall under NOC 0, A, or B.

You will have to get 3 letters from that company.

1. Experience letter - for whole duration you have stayed at the company. Follow the cic recommended format.
2. First promotion letter - stating information like promotion date, salary increment, old position's duties and responsibilities, new position's duties and responsibilities, etc.
3. Second promotion letter - containing information same as the first promotion letter.

Reactions: RAJ_India

eses66

Oct 30, 2015
My NOC code falls under 111. I am planning to attach three experience letter for three positions. Do I have to upload the promotion letters as well?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
eses66 said:
My NOC code falls under 111. I am planning to attach three experience letter for three positions. Do I have to upload the promotion letters as well?
You can get 3 experience letters OR 1 experience letter and 2 promotion letters.

Reactions: RAJ_India

ashwinkala

Feb 4, 2017
can_indian said:
As long as, all three job titles(and their duties and responsibilities) you held at the company, fall under NOC 0, A, or B.

You will have to get 3 letters from that company.

1. Experience letter - for whole duration you have stayed at the company. Follow the cic recommended format.
2. First promotion letter - stating information like promotion date, salary increment, old position's duties and responsibilities, new position's duties and responsibilities, etc.
3. Second promotion letter - containing information same as the first promotion letter.
Going by this explanation, if I held 2 positions (2nd position ongoing) with my current employer, I will have to get 2 experience letters.
First for the old role and the other for the promoted role, right?

So overall, 2 experience letters from the current employer.

Also, I am unaware of this promotion letter format being talked about here. I have a promotion/revised compensation letter for my promotion. Is that the same letter? Or is it again required on a company letterhead just like the experience letter.

I think for me it would be safe to go with overall 2 experience letters with my current employer, given that it is a jump from NOC 2173 to NOC 2174 between the two.

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Mates,

I am in a similar situation....in one particlur job I had three designations/depatments.My queries:

-As per you opinion,I understand that I need to get three different job roles/responsibilities explaining each role.....But can I get it on a single letter itself rather that three different letters ? This singe letter could mention entire period and the role/responsibility of each of the three designations separately.....pls advsie

-Another related question is that while filing the online form for work ex...........should I mention about this job as three different entries for each designation or should I mention it as one entry for entire period and mention the last held designation?.. Pls advise

Regards
JSPCAN

AltaBcCan

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 07
Passport Req..
June 08
To all of you on this page, I had the same issue (3 positions in same company due to promotions). I got my PR under express entry last year. here's what i did: I submitted only one letter and the letter had details of all three positions. The letter was lengthy due to job description ...responsibilities, duties, salary etc of each and every job in the same letter. When I applied, there was different attachment places for every experience you claim points for. Don't know if the system has changed. But I uploaded the same letter in all three attachment spots.

Please be advised, for additional precaution, I got my HR department to sign, date and number every page in the 3 page letter with the company stamp (i worked for a bank in canada and our centrally located HR department in Toronto provided only one letter instead of three different ones for diff positions). Signing every page is not a rule but this ensures that your employer has vouched for every page of the letter and that its not tampered by you. There's no rule that says you have to do this but it was one of my effort to prove the legitimacy.

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Thanks AltaBCCan...quite informative and logical.

So in my case should I ask my employer to give me a SINGLE LETTER asking to mention all job titles/designations on first page with from and to dates and then giving three additional pages....one for each job title/designaton's duties....Would it be sufficient?

----------

Can you or anyone else pls shed some light the below mentioned query too? (mention in earlier post too)

-Another related question is that while filing the online form for work experience should I mention about this job as three different entries for each designation or should I mention it as one entry for entire period and mention the last held designation?.. Pls advise

Regards
JSPCAN

AltaBcCan

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 07
Passport Req..
June 08
JSPCAN said:
Thanks AltaBCCan...quite informative and logical.

So in my case should I ask my employer to give me a SINGLE LETTER asking to mention all job titles/designations on first page with from and to dates and then giving three additional pages....one for each job title/designaton's duties....Would it be sufficient?

----------

Can you or anyone else pls shed some light the below mentioned query too? (mention in earlier post too)

-Another related question is that while filing the online form for work experience should I mention about this job as three different entries for each designation or should I mention it as one entry for entire period and mention the last held designation?.. Pls advise

Regards
JSPCAN
Yes every designation is a separate entry unless your company changed the name of your designation just like that. Example, my bank changed the name of our position name from Personal banking officer to Financial Advisor for branding purposes.. same job, same duties, same life, same salary.. nothing changed except for the titles outside our offices and our CEO lol :p

To answer your 1st Qt about the letter: When I said 3 pages, its not because of 3 positions...it was because my employer kind of acted like a govt office where they have specific formats coming from the top with your supervisor having no flexibility to create an employment letter of his own imagination. Thus it was detailed with awful lot of crap not really needed. Its totally upto you whether you want 2 pages, 3 pages, 4 pages or 10 pages for your 3 positions. It should follow the guidelines mentioned in this link under section proof of experience. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

To give you an example:
JSPCAN worked in COMPANY A and held positions A1 (2012) AND A2 (2013)
JSPCAN worked in COMPANY B and held positions B1 (2014), B2 (2015) AND B3 (2016 to current)
For express entry, JSPCAN would approach COMPANY A's HR/supervisor for ONE letter providing job details, resp, salary etc for each of the positions A1 and A2 with the relevant dates. JESPCAN would upload that SAME letter in each of the two entries A1 and A2 as express entry will generate uploading of docs for every entry.
JESPCAN would also approach COMPANY B for ONE letter giving out details for all 3 positions held there with relevant dates start to end or if still working then as start date to current etc. Again that same letter will go in 3 entries for those 3 position.
TOTAL letters :2 TOTAL WORK EXPERIENCE ENTTRIES IN EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE: 5
If you find it odd to upload the same letter in diff spots, you may do what I did. I created different pdfs for every entry containing the same letter but with different payslips. Example to show COMPANY A work experience, JSPCAN would create 2 PDF files, PDF #1: letter + payslips for A1. PDF #2: letter + payslips for A2 and then uploade those pdfs in relevant position spots i.e A1 AND A2.

sorry if its too detailed and confusing. hope this helps

Reactions: robstark1255

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi AltaBcCAN,

Its not long……..Rather its very very comprehensive and that’s the kind of clear answer/details I was looking for…thanks!

Actually I am still in the filling-up stage and not reached further stages in the website ,hence did’nt know that :

1)EACH JOB-TITLE/DESIGNATION/ needs to be filed as a SEPERATE entry even though it maybe for the SAME COMPANY.
2) And because of 1) the respective docs should be entered for each entry.

-------------------
I have one related query related the mention of salary and salary slips (using your example of) : “JSPCAN worked in COMPANY B and held positions B1 (2014), B2 (2015) AND B3 (2016 to current).

Lets assume:
-B1 (Jan to Dec 2014):Salary was Rs.100 in Dec 2014..…
Hence do I need to get Rs.100 mentioned against this Job title/designation from HR?
And do I need to provide salary slip for Dec 2014.

-B2 (Jan to Dec 2015):Salary was increased to Rs.150 in Oct 2014 and was the same in Dec 2015.
Hence do I need to get Rs.150 mentioned on against Job title/designation from HR?
And do I need to provide salary slip for Dec 2015.

-B3 (Jan 2016 till date: Salary is still the same Rs.150.
Hence I need to get Rs.150 mentioned against this Job title/designation from HR?
And do I need to provide salary slip for latest/present salary.

Or

Should I just get the latest drawn salary ( i.B3) mentioned on the reference letter from HR and get slip for latest/present salary, only? No need for salary details and slip of B1 and B2.

Sorry this time I am a bit long :)

Regards
JSPCAN

donald70fms

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Hi I have a question ...requesting you to help/share thoughts if u can...

I have recently submitted my application for PR to IRCC online.
I have overlapping dates for employment for 2 organisations I have worked for as follows:

Company X: relieving date is 29th July 2015 &
Company Y: Joining date is 27th July 2015

These are genuine dates in company records and have been included in the employment reference letter as well. This is because of the fact that I was serving my notice period in my first company till 29th with no obligation whatsoever and meanwhile i got the offer from the second company with joining date as 27th July.
So I had completed all joining formalities on 27th and post that cleared all relieving formalities from my previous employer on 29th July and post that i moved to my new work location on 30th. (This reflects in my address/personal history also wherein you need to put dates in dd//mm/yyyy format.

I haven't included a letter of explanation regarding the same though.
Will this raise a red flag by any chance. or can i notify CIC bout the same now by any chance. all employee reference letters (with pay stubs) are genuine and have been issued by the respective HR depts.

Rest all of the documents/information etc are also in perfect shape.

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA
To all of you on this page, I had the same issue (3 positions in same company due to promotions). I got my PR under express entry last year. here's what i did: I submitted only one letter and the letter had details of all three positions. The letter was lengthy due to job description ...responsibilities, duties, salary etc of each and every job in the same letter. When I applied, there was different attachment places for every experience you claim points for. Don't know if the system has changed. But I uploaded the same letter in all three attachment spots.

Please be advised, for additional precaution, I got my HR department to sign, date and number every page in the 3 page letter with the company stamp (i worked for a bank in canada and our centrally located HR department in Toronto provided only one letter instead of three different ones for diff positions). Signing every page is not a rule but this ensures that your employer has vouched for every page of the letter and that its not tampered by you. There's no rule that says you have to do this but it was one of my effort to prove the legitimacy.
Dear, can you please share the format that you followed to show all your three positions within a same reference letter
Thanks in advance.

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA

Dear, were your all three positions fell under the same NOC?

ash17

May 30, 2016

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We'll I have a similar query. I am working with my current employer for about 5 years now. I joined as Search Strategist but was recently promoted to Senior Search Strategist last month but job duties remained the same. So, I got only one letter where in top paragraph it is written that
"*** is working with (company name) since (joining date) to till date within a fulltime employment. She has joined as Search Strategist" and is recently promoted to "senior search Strategist" though her job responsibilities remain the same under both designations. "
So I guess this would work for both my designations. Right!

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We'll I have a similar query. I am working with my current employer for about 5 years now. I joined as Search Strategist but was recently promoted to Senior Search Strategist last month but job duties remained the same. So, I got only one letter where in top paragraph it is written that
"*** is working with (company name) since (joining date) to till date within a fulltime employment. She has joined as Search Strategist" and is recently promoted to "senior search Strategist" though her job responsibilities remain the same under both designations. "
So I guess this would work for both my designations. Right!
Absolutely right. Just attach the same letter as evidences for both of your jobs that you'll enter in the PR application online.

Reactions: ash17