+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of employement

aneeshsingh

Oct 6, 2016
Dear Experts - I have received the invitation however I am not sure what should I provide as letter of employment, the reason I am saying this is because I am already providing the details such as job duties, rile, full time, number of hours etc in the offer letter and then providing the pay stubs and T4 under employment records.

Can anyone flash some light or share any sample.

Thank you very much

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
aneeshsingh said:
Dear Experts - I have received the invitation however I am not sure what should I provide as letter of employment, the reason I am saying this is because I am already providing the details such as job duties, rile, full time, number of hours etc in the offer letter and then providing the pay stubs and T4 under employment records.

Can anyone flash some light or share any sample.

Thank you very much
Letter of Employment - document stating current employment

As long as you have a letter with all job duties, hours etc it should be good, you can also add Original appointment letter that you got while joining the company it will help. For employment records, T4s, tax notice of assessments, pay stubs, pay scale letters for each year (If possible) should be fine.

aneeshsingh

Oct 6, 2016
Thanks for your reply but we have 3 sections

1. Offer of Employment (required) - You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company

2. Employment Records (required) - You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs

3. Letter of Employment (required) - BUT FOR THIS THEY HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANY INFO.

And I am on ICT (intra company transfer) so do not have any offer appointment letter when I joined here in Canada, though l have a LIMA exempt letter not sure whether it should be uploaded against this requirement.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
aneeshsingh said:

1. Offer of Employment (required) - You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company

2. Employment Records (required) - You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs

3. Letter of Employment (required) - BUT FOR THIS THEY HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANY INFO.

And I am on ICT (intra company transfer) so do not have any offer appointment letter when I joined here in Canada, though l have a LIMA exempt letter not sure whether it should be uploaded against this requirement.

Hope this helps.

Offer of Employment - document explaining future employment (If you have claimed ICT 50 points) -> [Valid Job offer from employer stating you will be employed for a year after PR]
Employment Records -> [Paystub, Pay Scale letters (2015 & 2016 etc), T4s, Assessment Letter, Tax statement]
Letter of Employment - document stating current employment -> [Submit employment letter which defines roles, duties, working hours etc, Original Appointment Letter (Joining letter), LMIA-Exemption filed]

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aneeshsingh said:

The letter of employment / letter of reference is your employer's "testimony" to your work experience - what you have done in the past. This needs to include your job title, dates of employment, salary/wages + benefits, # of hours worked per week, and (very important) job duties and responsibilities. Supporting documents like the T4, contract, etc - are to corroborate the information in the letter (because, shockingly, some "employers" have been known to write false letters).

A "job offer letter" - the kind you got before you started working - is not the same thing. It only proves that you were offered a job, not that you actually did it. It can be of use for supplementary documentation if there are problems with your letter of employment, but by itself, it is not sufficient. If you have a complete letter of reference/letter of employment, you do not need this.

A "job offer letter" in the context of EE is an offer of FUTURE employment (not what you have done in the past), indicating that you will be offered a position for at least 1 year after getting PR status. You do NOT need this unless you are claiming points for a 'valid job offer.'
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

aneeshsingh

Oct 6, 2016
Thank you, it's a great explanation, however regarding the Job offer I don't think any employer will give a confirmation for another one year.
In my case I have claimed ICT 50 points and my employer is ready to provide everything else, and in place of future offer they are ready to add one extra line in the same document which explains roles and resp, number of number, full time, salary etc, saying he will continue to work on the same roles and responsibilities for the fiscal year 2017 and 2018, do you think this will be sufficient ?

Plus I have all the future employment approved by my senior manager and HR over email , shall I write a letter of explanation explaining the entire scenario and add the email also to the letter. kindly advise ?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
aneeshsingh said:
Thank you, it's a great explanation, however regarding the Job offer I don't think any employer will give a confirmation for another one year.
In my case I have claimed ICT 50 points and my employer is ready to provide everything else, and in place of future offer they are ready to add one extra line in the same document which explains roles and resp, number of number, full time, salary etc, saying he will continue to work on the same roles and responsibilities for the fiscal year 2017 and 2018, do you think this will be sufficient ?

Plus I have all the future employment approved by my senior manager and HR over email , shall I write a letter of explanation explaining the entire scenario and add the email also to the letter. kindly advise ?
Since its new change for ICT folks Nobody knows how VO will treat this, you can proceed with all the possible documents along with LOE and hope it works for you.

nj1234

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
aneeshsingh said:

Did you answer Yes to the following question ?
" Do you have a valid job offer "

You must answer No to this question if you are working on open workpermit / pgwp etc. Answering No to this will take the following items off the checklist
1)offer of employment
2) record of employment
See the following links
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=698&top=29
3)letter of employment.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
nj1234 said:
Did you answer Yes to the following question ?
" Do you have a valid job offer "

You must answer No to this question if you are working on open workpermit / pgwp etc. Answering No to this will take the following items off the checklist
1)offer of employment
2) record of employment
See the following links
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=698&top=29
3)letter of employment.
Buddy OP is on ICT Closed WP and has claimed 50 points, this one is not relevant for him.

aneeshsingh

Oct 6, 2016
thinkshady said:
Since its new change for ICT folks Nobody knows how VO will treat this, you can proceed with all the possible documents along with LOE and hope it works for you.
[I think you are right as this is a new change, no one will have a solid answer for this]

nj1234

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
thinkshady said:
Buddy OP is on ICT Closed WP and has claimed 50 points, this one is not relevant for him.
okay i didn't see that he is on ICT. Sorry.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aneeshsingh said:
Of course they will. On this matter, the ONLY change since November was the change from "permanent employment" to "at least one year from date of PR." If employers were willing to offer PERMANENT employment, then they will be willing to offer a one year position. The difference is that contract workers can now be considered to have a valid job offer, too.

aneeshsingh

Oct 6, 2016
The company is not ready to write the extra line which says they will employee us for another one year, however rest all the details are provided such as salary, noc code, full time, supervisor's details, roles and resp... lets see if that gets accepted, we have the supporting i.e T4's Pay stubs etc.

amarraman81

Jan 15, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
File Transfer...
05-10-2017
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
This seems to be a issue with all employers . Not sure how an employer will give a letter as there are 3 scenarios possible -

1. Employer /Company decides to windup the business (then the job offer becomes invalid ).
2. The employee does not perform well and may be thrown out ..
3. Employee gets a new offer and decides to move on with a new job (this is something within PR applicants control.

i have asked for something similar from my employer ,let me what would be their response. !!

Cheers !!