Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
Hi,
I am landing in Toronto on 1st Oct & the first thing I need to do is to get hold of a driver's license. I have gone through the details on the ministry of Ontario's website and it says that I need to present my Indian driving license with an endorsement letter from the local RTO (janakpuri, delhi) in my case. This will help me gain 24 months of experience credit to be eligible to apply for G2.

I've managed to get a letter from the RTO but it is only a printout with a scanned photo of me giving details of my license including dates of issue/validity etc. It nowhere mentions the date it was issued, it does not state that it is valid and has not been cancelled, is not on official letter head. I do not think it will work but no one there at the RTO seems to have a clue about this letter required in Ontario.

Please guide me in how to get the letter as required by Ministry of Ontario and if anyone has any contacts?? Please...

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpuneet said:
Hi,
I am landing in Toronto on 1st Oct & the first thing I need to do is to get hold of a driver's license. I have gone through the details on the ministry of Ontario's website and it says that I need to present my Indian driving license with an endorsement letter from the local RTO (janakpuri, delhi) in my case. This will help me gain 24 months of experience credit to be eligible to apply for G2.

I've managed to get a letter from the RTO but it is only a printout with a scanned photo of me giving details of my license including dates of issue/validity etc. It nowhere mentions the date it was issued, it does not state that it is valid and has not been cancelled, is not on official letter head. I do not think it will work but no one there at the RTO seems to have a clue about this letter required in Ontario.

Please guide me in how to get the letter as required by Ministry of Ontario and if anyone has any contacts?? Please...
:) Yah I know they issue it like that go to the RTO and tell the officer to sign it with the date of issue with his stamp it will work....

Reactions: SARKARIA.GURLAL

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
Thanks for the quick response Rocky... Hope you're doing good!
I did get it stamped... no signature though, not sure how to manage that now as I got it through an agent.
Anyways, can you share your experience, did you submit the same letter and it worked? Why I am so nervous is because the job offer that I have depends heavily on me being mobile and owning a car; so can't take chances with that.
Another thing that bothers me is that it has a cancellation date for LL- not sure if the officers in Ontario understand that it means cancellation of Learner's License and not the regular one- very confused!

jignesh79

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
22-March-2011
LANDED..........
Landed on 10-September-2011
Date issue must have been mentioned on your licence.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpuneet said:
Hi,

Authentication letter without letter head of the authority issuing it, is not entertained in drive test location in Toronto/ Bramption. Visit MTO and they will also send you back. I can say all this because it happened with me. I had to stand in que 2 times for 2 hours and was sent back. They just dont agree to take it. Rubber stamp at bottom means nothing for them. So then I called my family back home and they got it on letter head. All this took 2 months.

The letter should contain your name, fathers name, DOB , Address, date of issue , date of expiry, licence number and can include something of no traffic violation ( not must) as per record. Now dont forget that here in Ontario they check Drivers Linence with Passport details, if their is variation in spellings of name they will not take it, similarily on DL last name is different from passport they will not take. Short names - they dont take. Name should be exactly matching with the passport.

I am sending my authentication letter as sample :

LETTER HEAD , LOGO OF AUTHORITY, REF NO, DATED, TELEPHONE NUMBER

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

SUBJECT; Authentication of licensed driving experience

It is certified that the driving licence n0________________________ was issued by ____________ on _________ in the Nane of ___________ s/o__________- r/o________, DOB _____________. This license is valid throuought _______( country/ state/ province) with full driving privileges for driving Motorcycle/ scooter/ car and jeep only. This license is valid upto______. As for record in this office, there is no traffic offence against this driving license.

DATED LICENSING AUTHORITY

Hope this helps.

Reactions: mehtaworld

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpuneet said:
Thanks for the quick response Rocky... Hope you're doing good!
I did get it stamped... no signature though, not sure how to manage that now as I got it through an agent.
Anyways, can you share your experience, did you submit the same letter and it worked? Why I am so nervous is because the job offer that I have depends heavily on me being mobile and owning a car; so can't take chances with that.
Another thing that bothers me is that it has a cancellation date for LL- not sure if the officers in Ontario understand that it means cancellation of Learner's License and not the regular one- very confused!
Thats fine I had the same kinds and I had to get another one from some one in India with stamp and date by asking my relative to talk with RTO and telling him/her why I need it so get the sign if possible with the date and it should be accepted. Well I want to register for G2 and get G as you want get but not getting time because of the job to get it as soon as you land is the best option.

As when I went with that letter earlier they said they cannot accept as it doesn't have the issue date with it.

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 ,

Pls tell me what i need to do as present address in driver's license and Passport is not same but spelling of name is OK?

Pls suggest....

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ripon243 said:
explorer101 ,

Pls tell me what i need to do as present address in driver's license and Passport is not same but spelling of name is OK?
Pls suggest....
Same address they are not looking for.

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 ,

pls pardon i did not understand ur language:::::

different address in driver's license and passport is OK?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ripon243 said:
explorer101 ,

pls pardon i did not understand ur language:::::

different address in driver's license and passport is OK?
They are not concerned about address on Driving license. Name, DOB and experience is what they are looking for.

Reactions: Vinay627

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
Explorer/Rocky,
Thanks for your inputs guys. After reading your comments I went to the Janakpuri, Delhi RTO and tried really hard... even spoke to the MLO... They flatly told me that they do not issue any such letters on letterheads now that everything is computerized- What they've done is, they've written a handwritten note with phone numbers saying that "this is to certify that this license has been issued by the authority and is valid till xx/xx/xxxx. This letter is being issued for the purpose of Ontario province, Canada on date 18/09/2010". I've got this after many rounds of the RTO and paying the "special fees".... They are not ready to issue anything else. They say this is what they have issued earlier and this works. But after reading your comments, I am not too sure...
Please advise if what I've mentioned is of any value there, It's really important for me. Any tips/contacts that you approached here? Please help.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpuneet said:
Explorer/Rocky,
Thanks for your inputs guys. After reading your comments I went to the Janakpuri, Delhi RTO and tried really hard... even spoke to the MLO... They flatly told me that they do not issue any such letters on letterheads now that everything is computerized- What they've done is, they've written a handwritten note with phone numbers saying that "this is to certify that this license has been issued by the authority and is valid till xx/xx/xxxx. This letter is being issued for the purpose of Ontario province, Canada on date 18/09/2010". I've got this after many rounds of the RTO and paying the "special fees".... They are not ready to issue anything else. They say this is what they have issued earlier and this works. But after reading your comments, I am not too sure...
Please advise if what I've mentioned is of any value there, It's really important for me. Any tips/contacts that you approached here? Please help.
This should work. See the office in Canada told me that it should have the issue date and the rest was acceptable to them. So I think its fine.

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpuneet said:
Explorer/Rocky,
In our case even if we have letter from RTO, Gujarat, Toronto people didnt even look at it, they just saw the driving licence and noted details from there. so they counted driving experience from driving licence and gave no wait time for G2. So dont worry much.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can tell you from my experience and the inputs I obtained from the driving school here in Toronto, they dont take experience letters without letter head. The person over reception just dont agree to take it and issue token to advance further. I tried 2 times but was returned back, arguments had no impact. They said MTO have passed instructions. I came to know from the driving school people also that MTO or Drive Test do not entertain experience letter without letter head. I can say about Toronto( Lawrence Avenue), Bramption ( 59 Gulf), Guelph drive test locations, i dont know if it is acceptable in other provinces or locations in Canada. With these locations I had personal experience.
The 3rd time when I went with experience letter with letter head, no questions asked, the letter was not even properly seen ( there was one major mistake) and my experience was updated.
I was allowed to go for test of G2 by taking photocopy of my previous driving licence. For G, I needed the experience letter.

H

hari krishna

Hi,

I am from Bangalore, and will be coming to Ottawa, canada next month. i need Help Regarding the RTO letter from India.

1. is it compulsory that I get that letter on the Letter head?
2. Any one from bangalore got the letter?

regards,
hari