+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter from Hong Kong Office

China Spouse

May 27, 2011
My spouse in China received a letter stated below.. I am wondering if any else has received this letter and what it means and potential outcomes...

Thanks ahead..

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

A review of your application taking into account such factors as the length of your courtship,the circumstances surrounding your introduction ,your immigration history and the subsequent development of your relationship has been completed.

Based on the contents of your aplication and submissions to date ,we have determined that you may require a personal interview . your file has now been queued for review by an officer. your file will be examined in the order in which it has been received to ensure equitable treatment of your application.

It is expected that the decision to convoke you to an interview will be taken in the next 180days ,should you be required to attend a personal interview you will be notified by mail.

Alternately,the officer may decide to request further documents from you and in that case you will also be notified by mail. Please note there is no requirement in the immigration and Refugee Protection Act for a personal interview before a decision is taken , however no refusal will be made without previously advising you of the specific refusal concerns.

Due to the high volume of aplications in our office and in order to better serve our applicants we request that you do not inquire as to the status of your application until you receive further information or requests.

Furthermore,shoule you need to advise rs of a significant change in your aplication such as a change in your address or family composition(i .e. marriage,birth,
death,divorce,separation or adoption of and person included on your application)please do so by either facsimile or mail.

Regards

Family Class Processing

cc Sponsor

Application sent March 2011
Sponsor Approved April 2011
Application sent to HK April 2011
HK office - file opened May 17
Received above letter May 19

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The letter says you would be scheduled for an interview in the next 180 days.

Read these post by toby and others for some suggestions to prepare for the interview:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t68390.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t65065.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t62485.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t26298.0.html

China Spouse

May 27, 2011
Thanks Steaky... I have actually read all those post already...

I guess my question is that in the letter it states that "we have determined that you may require a personal interview"

the "may' is what I am questioning, I am thinking maybe there will be no interview.

Anyone with experience like this with no interview?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

China Spouse said:
Thanks Steaky... I have actually read all those post already...

I guess my question is that in the letter it states that "we have determined that you may require a personal interview"

the "may' is what I am questioning, I am thinking maybe there will be no interview.

Anyone with experience like this with no interview?
The only way that there will not be an interview is if HK requests further documents and those satisfy them. I think you are going for an interview.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Err on the side of caution and listen to PMM. Assume you are going for an interview. If you have not yet done so, order your CAIPS notes, they may give you an idea of why you could be convoked for the interview, so you know what to address.

China Spouse

May 27, 2011
Thanks... just hoping maybe no interview...

To BOBLU.. got your message but cannot reply to you for some reason..

But wife is from mainland.. could you clarify your timelines for me.. I noticed you sent your application last year (2010)

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
the application was in H/K office end of October 2010
same letter as you got but with 120 days on it first week of Dec 2010
interview scheduled for July 14th

Kelyaeq

Dec 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-01-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Hi boblu,

Got ur message too but impossible to reply! ECCS the 180 days letter and still in process. When did u received the interview letter?

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
the letter telling us the date for interview came the first week of May our letter was same letter but only 120 days from the date not 180 I understand talking to others dealing with H/K there is two letters they send out 120 / 180

So it was over the 120 days before we got the letter for the interview from them, be prepared to have two years of income tax returns for them