+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter From CIC

CBTSHARE

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Hello All,

I applied for PR May 2017, they are now just getting back to me asking me if I am married and to complete the form below.

NB : My wife lives in the USA and she will not be accompanying me to Canada and I added to my
existing application, I plan to move to USA. I am confused as to which steps I need to follow, do I only need medical and police cert?

Are you married to _ _ _ _ _ ? If so, please complete the following forms.

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent
residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent
Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained Permanent Residence status in
Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your
existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality
and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory, whether or not your spouse or CLP
decides to accompany you to Canada.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a
RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:
 Go to our Online Payment webpage.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

3. Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport
 If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate
 If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate
We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for
more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates
after their stay in these countries.

6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire &
Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,
wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement,
drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)

8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to
Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will
send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Didnt understand this:

NB : My wife lives in the USA and she will not be accompanying me to Canada and I added to my
existing application, I plan to move to USA. I am confused as to which steps I need to follow, do I only need medical and police cert?

explain your situation clearly.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello All,

I applied for PR May 2017, they are now just getting back to me asking me if I am married and to complete the form below.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent
residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent
Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained Permanent Residence status in
Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your
existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality
and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory, whether or not your spouse or CLP

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a
RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.

3. Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
 If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate
We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for
more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates

6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire &

- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,
wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement,

8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to
Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will
send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.
It's all pretty clear. just submit the requested documents

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
What do you mean by planning to move to the US?

CBTSHARE

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Didnt understand this:

explain your situation clearly.
Sorry that was a typo.I meant my wife lives in the USA, she will not be accompanying me to Canada, nor do I want to apply for her to get permanent residency.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Sorry that was a typo.I meant my wife lives in the USA, she will not be accompanying me to Canada, nor do I want to apply for her to get permanent residency.
I applied with NON Accom... spouse right.
Then you ahve to upload her medicals and PCC, provide Marriage certificate, and other docs. No need to pay application fee.

But If you applied as married they would have asked these docs at the beginning only.
What did you specify about your marital status in the application?

CBTSHARE

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Well the email seems pretty clear, you need to go through all steps and submit all required documents.
Yea, I was wrong I misread, I thought it said "I have to complete all the steps in order to have her added to my application.And I dont want to add her to my application.This process is such a fardel

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You need to follow all the steps (except paying the application fee and RPRF fee), indicate that she is "non-accompanying."

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
Hello All,

Resident Card, etc.).

3. Forms

4. Documents

5. Police certificate

8. Medical certificate

hi this is nikhil bcpnp paper based pr applicant iam in same situation as you ,can you tell me exactly what you did after getting this update plz