+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter from CHC,London, IELTS

Gulshan Grover

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Hello everyone,

I have got a letter from CHC,London today.It has asked for ielts.CHC has given me 60 days time.

Unfortunately, I still haven't received my passport from UKBA (Home Office,uk) where I sent my passport for extending my stay in the uk.I need my passport in order to take the ielts exam. Needless to say, I have been in the UK since 2001.I have finished my degree and MSc. from the UK university.But still CHC is asking for IELTS.

Can anyone suggest me please what can i do in this circumstances? In addition, if I get 16 points in IELTS then it gives me total 68 points.Does CHC (London) count the points according to the IELTS band? And also if the pass mark goes below 67 due to IELTS, can CHC refuse application?

Meticulous and warm-hearted help is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gulshan Grover said:
Hello everyone,

I have got a letter from CHC,London today.It has asked for ielts.CHC has given me 60 days time.

Unfortunately, I still haven't received my passport from UKBA (Home Office,uk) where I sent my passport for extending my stay in the uk.I need my passport in order to take the ielts exam. Needless to say, I have been in the UK since 2001.I have finished my degree and MSc. from the UK university.But still CHC is asking for IELTS.

Can anyone suggest me please what can i do in this circumstances? In addition, if I get 16 points in IELTS then it gives me total 68 points.Does CHC (London) count the points according to the IELTS band? And also if the pass mark goes below 67 due to IELTS, can CHC refuse application?

Regards.
You don't have a choice, if dont do IELTS, then you will probably refused, if you do it and don't get 16 and your score drops under 67 you will be refused.

PMM

naz80

Mar 6, 2009
HI,

you an register your self for ielts giving the copy of your passport if you have and than ask to homeoffice uk to return your passport because if its a student visa extension then i m sure now they dont put visa on passport they just check it and issue a ard, well my cousin had the same situatio so i m quit sure you can do this and ielts centre (middlesex university where i took my exam) will ask for a copy right now during registration and then on the day of test they see original document. i hope this will help.

Gulshan Grover

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

Gulshan Grover said:
Hello everyone,

Regards.
You don't have a choice, if dont do IELTS, then you will probably refused, if you do it and don't get 16 and your score drops under 67 you will be refused.

PMM
Thanks for ur reply.But i hv clearly mentioned on a covering letter that why I can't take IELTS now.

Gulshan Grover

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
naz80 said:
HI,

you an register your self for ielts giving the copy of your passport if you have and than ask to homeoffice uk to return your passport because if its a student visa extension then i m sure now they dont put visa on passport they just check it and issue a ard, well my cousin had the same situatio so i m quit sure you can do this and ielts centre (middle*censored word* university where i took my exam) will ask for a copy right now during registration and then on the day of test they see original document. i hope this will help.
Hello Naz, thanks for ur reply.No it is not student extension.It is student to psw visa.I already booked IELTS date twice.And had to cancel them as I did not receive my passport yet.Moreover, I have clearly explained my situation through a covering letter that expounds why I am unable to take the exam at the moment.I also attached home office's AOR.Can you tell me please can I borrow my passport from the home office (HO) for 2 days and once I finish exam I want to return that.Does HO accept that?

Regards.

k1940b

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Get confirmation of your identity from Indian High Commission. It is acceptable. A copy of passport should also be acceptable. IHC in London can solve your problem.