+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

letter for proof of funds as an international student

njmed

Jun 23, 2019
Hi everyone!

I want to ask if a letter that explains where you got funds is required when you submit your student visa application? If so, Is it acceptable to say that you got the funds through a loan? I really need help in this part. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: VaishOptimistic

UrgentSender

Jun 19, 2019
Yes I think a letter of explanation of fund is necessary. To be on a safe side. provide any extra letter to explain your case.

And yes, you can state that the money was from a loan. you can also provide documents to acertain this claim.

Reactions: njmed

njmed

Jun 23, 2019
Yes I think a letter of explanation of fund is necessary. To be on a safe side. provide any extra letter to explain your case.

And yes, you can state that the money was from a loan. you can also provide documents to acertain this claim.
thanks for your feedback mate. I just wanted to clarify this because I hired a consultant and she said that you cant say that the funds is from a loan and I need to really provide a proof that the funds is from something like a property (e.g house).

UrgentSender

Jun 19, 2019
thanks for your feedback mate. I just wanted to clarify this because I hired a consultant and she said that you cant say that the funds is from a loan and I need to really provide a proof that the funds is from something like a property (e.g house).
I have also read that they don't really value land and properties but place more value on liquidations that can easily be changed to money like treasury bills, etc.
If your funds is from loan, I don't think you have a problem once you can show record of the loan and document that back it up as a loan for your study.
Moreover, it is better to be sincere in your application and let your record be clean.
If you state it was money from a landed property, do you have receipts to prove that also?

njmed

Jun 23, 2019
I have also read that they don't really value land and properties but place more value on liquidations that can easily be changed to money like treasury bills, etc.
If your funds is from loan, I don't think you have a problem once you can show record of the loan and document that back it up as a loan for your study.
Moreover, it is better to be sincere in your application and let your record be clean.
If you state it was money from a landed property, do you have receipts to prove that also?
I think that the deed of sale of the property would do as a receipt but the problem is the property is not yet sold. The consultant want me to make a deed of sale as a propaganda that the property was actually sold and Its quiet troublesome to do that because I need to see an attorney to notarize the document. And yes, I want to be honest and sincere in my application.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I think that the deed of sale of the property would do as a receipt but the problem is the property is not yet sold. The consultant want me to make a deed of sale as a propaganda that the property was actually sold and Its quiet troublesome to do that because I need to see an attorney to notarize the document. And yes, I want to be honest and sincere in my application.
If you have the ability to opt for SDS processing, then you might want to take that, as they do not ask for the source of funds. In other cases, loan can be shown as proof. If it is not an education loan, then you will have to have a loan where your family member is a guarantor or a statement that they will pay the loan on your behalf.

Don't make false documentations, be truthful in your application. If you get caught your agent will not face any repercussions, only you.

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hi everyone!

I want to ask if a letter that explains where you got funds is required when you submit your student visa application? If so, Is it acceptable to say that you got the funds through a loan? I really need help in this part. Thank you in advance.
Hey bud, I would recommend you not to state it as a loan. Just think like a visa officer, he will surely have a thought that right now this student is taking loan, how will he be able to pay future expenses and does have to repay loan as well. This might lead to refusal reason being lack of financial abilities. Just a suggestion, it's upto you only to decide.

njmed

Jun 23, 2019
Hey bud, I would recommend you not to state it as a loan. Just think like a visa officer, he will surely have a thought that right now this student is taking loan, how will he be able to pay future expenses and does have to repay loan as well. This might lead to refusal reason being lack of financial abilities. Just a suggestion, it's upto you only to decide.
That's a great point man. I think I have to choose between assurance and honesty. Its so hard.

njmed

Jun 23, 2019
If you have the ability to opt for SDS processing, then you might want to take that, as they do not ask for the source of funds. In other cases, loan can be shown as proof. If it is not an education loan, then you will have to have a loan where your family member is a guarantor or a statement that they will pay the loan on your behalf.

Don't make false documentations, be truthful in your application. If you get caught your agent will not face any repercussions, only you.
Thanks for this great info mate but I'm worried if I stated that the funds was from a loan I would not get the approval as pointed out by Konvicted in this thread.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks for this great info mate but I'm worried if I stated that the funds was from a loan I would not get the approval as pointed out by Konvicted in this thread.
That is your choice, many people have got a loan and got visa approval. If you feel that misrepresenting your information is the best way to get visa approval and you are aware of the risks then you are free to do so. Remember, it's not me or any other member's application, it's yours.

njmed

Jun 23, 2019
That is your choice, many people have got a loan and got visa approval. If you feel that misrepresenting your information is the best way to get visa approval and you are aware of the risks then you are free to do so. Remember, it's not me or any other member's application, it's yours.
thank you very much selvakk. I highly appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
I also have the same problem like this but in my case I have actually submitted my application and my dad was my sponsor but my husband(not the sponsor in my application) had to pay part of the school fee which I mentioned in the letter of explanation because I actually used the receipt from the bank where my husband paid from.Now they are requesting for the account statement of my husband and I to submit as and additional document .The fear now is there is a loan on my husband’s account and I don’t know if need will be to explain this in a short letter while submitting the additional documents or just give them the documents and hope for the best.Pls am worried ,what should do now? Any suggestions

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I also have the same problem like this but in my case I have actually submitted my application and my dad was my sponsor but my husband(not the sponsor in my application) had to pay part of the school fee which I mentioned in the letter of explanation because I actually used the receipt from the bank where my husband paid from.Now they are requesting for the account statement of my husband and I to submit as and additional document .The fear now is there is a loan on my husband’s account and I don’t know if need will be to explain this in a short letter while submitting the additional documents or just give them the documents and hope for the best.Pls am worried ,what should do now? Any suggestions
If they asked for the bank statement, then you have to give them the bank statement. Not much you can do at this stage. Give the bank statement from the account that you transfered the money from.

A loan linked to the account should not show up in the bank statement, in most cases.

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
If they asked for the bank statement, then you have to give them the bank statement. Not much you can do at this stage. Give the bank statement from the account that you transfered the money from.

A loan linked to the account should not show up in the bank statement, in most cases.
Thanks so much for the prompt reply.Alright i will do just that but they requested for his employment letter and the bank he paid the money from isnt his salary account so we are thinking to print statement from the other his salary account too.will this be okay.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks so much for the prompt reply.Alright i will do just that but they requested for his employment letter and the bank he paid the money from isnt his salary account so we are thinking to print statement from the other his salary account too.will this be okay.
I don't think that will be required. If you seems to many documents, it could confuse the via officer, but you could send both statements is you wish.