+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter and/or web form?

success2016

Jul 13, 2016
I missed my test due to letter being sent to the wrong address. I updated my address online as soon as I became aware of this issue. I also told them the reason I didn't attend the test on the web form.

Do I need to send a hardcopy letter as well? If so how can I go about this since I am in Asia on vacation?
Do I need to call them?
Or is the online letter on webform enough?

I've also yet to see my updated address online. Should I be concerned?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
success2016 said:
I missed my test due to letter being sent to the wrong address. I updated my address online as soon as I became aware of this issue. I also told them the reason I didn't attend the test on the web form.

Do I need to send a hardcopy letter as well? If so how can I go about this since I am in Asia on vacation?
Do I need to call them?
Or is the online letter on webform enough?

I've also yet to see my updated address online. Should I be concerned?
When you update the address it takes 5 days to update it.
Send the info in the web form.
Also, there would be a address mentioned on the test letter, send a letter to that address stating that why you missed the test and write your updated address and also send the copy of the test letter along with it.

success2016

Jul 13, 2016
Ok so is it a MUST to send the explanation via physical letter even when I already sent it on the web form?

success2016

Jul 13, 2016
And I just got an email saying:

"We have forwarded the information you provided to the responsible department. They will contact you only if they require further information."

Does this mean I don't need to contact them any further?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
success2016 said:
And I just got an email saying:

"We have forwarded the information you provided to the responsible department. They will contact you only if they require further information."

Does this mean I don't need to contact them any further?

To be on the safe side, send a letter to the local office as explained previously in my post above. It won't hurt.

The test letter should state to contact CIC in case you are unable to attend the test. Please check.