+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's write to Minister of Immigration...PGWP holder only

Luxzo

Mar 28, 2015
Hi,

I wrote a letter to the office of prime minister few weeks ago about the the problems PGWP holders are facing in getting Canadian PR. I got an immediate response from Prime minister's office and was forwarded that email to Honorable John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, refugees and citizenship as the raised issue falls within his responsibility. I wrote about how PGWP holder are suffering from express entry and how non-express entry is tiresome (total processing time is 16 months and AOR takes more then 3 months). Can people with PGWP write to him so that he can prioritize our applications or change some rules to help us? I feel that we certainly have benefits over other applicants because we have Canadian degree and are already working in Canadian industry.

Thank you

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
I wonder why this is posted here in provincial nominations section and not in express entry section......

Luxzo said:
Hi,

I wrote a letter to the office of prime minister few weeks ago about the the problems PGWP holders are facing in getting Canadian PR. I got an immediate response from Prime minister's office and was forwarded that email to Honorable John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, refugees and citizenship as the raised issue falls within his responsibility. I wrote about how PGWP holder are suffering from express entry and how non-express entry is tiresome (total processing time is 16 months and AOR takes more then 3 months). Can people with PGWP write to him so that he can prioritize our applications or change some rules to help us? I feel that we certainly have benefits over other applicants because we have Canadian degree and are already working in Canadian industry.

Thank you

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Itsmee said:
I wonder why this is posted here in provincial nominations section and not in express entry section......
PGWP holders are often applying through paper-based PNP streams (because express entry don't work for them even with Canadian Experience), and since express entry started the processing time for the paper-based stream jumpred from 7-8 months to 16-20 months. I think it's okay for this thread to be posted here.