+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's track Jan 2021 Intake Applications here

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Dear Folks,
Opening this thread to track Jan 21 intake Applications here. Also, most of the colleges/universities have declared that Jan 21 term going to online. So in this scenario, it looks like AIP is expected for this intake as well.

CMM_1981

Feb 4, 2017
So you are planning to study online or deferring for next intake?
Good question...

For me, if not January, next intake would be September 2021. I'd want to start just as long as i know 100% that my SP is approved. Wasted too much time already.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Good question...

For me, if not January, next intake would be September 2021. I'd want to start just as long as i know 100% that my SP is approved. Wasted too much time already.
Have you applied? What is your current status?

Kay jey

Sep 9, 2020
I have applied for jan2021 in conestoga college and its been over two weeks i still haven't heard any news from them. And also i dont think so Jan will be online as per their situation because they are now having less cases and hopefully it will be physical rather then online..

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Applied on july 24 for jan intake, eligibility review started a month ago and had no updates since then

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Dear Folks,
Opening this thread to track Jan 21 intake Applications here. Also, most of the colleges/universities have declared that Jan 21 term going to online. So in this scenario, it looks like AIP is expected for this intake as well.
the program being online and AIP arent related. AIP is related to VAC in your country. since VAC isnt open they cannot process applications completely. They need your passport to process it which VAC submits along with biometrics etc. Rest even if course is online many students have travelled from India to Canada.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
the program being online and AIP arent related. AIP is related to VAC in your country. since VAC isnt open they cannot process applications completely. They need your passport to process it which VAC submits along with biometrics etc. Rest even if the course is online many students have traveled from India to Canada.
I have a different logic to add here, probably IRCC doesn't want students to fly to Canada at the moment. If they happen to do the stamping on PP, students will try to reach Canada for their online classes and this is exactly Canada does not want at the moment. Students who flew are the ones whose Visa got approved prior to 18th March. In India and many parts of the world, VACS are closed, but in those countries where VACS are open, still students are getting their AIPs even for a complete application for Jan 21 intake as well. So it is presumed that IRCC doest wants students to cross border.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
I have a different logic to add here, probably IRCC doesn't want students to fly to Canada at the moment. If they happen to do the stamping on PP, students will try to reach Canada for their online classes and this is exactly Canada does not want at the moment. Students who flew are the ones whose Visa got approved prior to 18th March. In India and many parts of the world, VACS are closed, but in those countries where VACS are open, still students are getting their AIPs even for a complete application for Jan 21 intake as well. So it is presumed that IRCC doest wants students to cross border.
Not necessary. some from pakistan got passport request after submitting biometrics. and there are people from India who got passport request already for a visitor visa application. Dont forget Student visa isnt the only visas they are handing out.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Well, I am referring to only student Visa and handful folks have received PP request I agree. In my upcoming batch, only 2 got the PP stamped but the rest around 7-8 folks received AIP. What I am trying to say that it is most likely Jan 21 intake gonna be online and these folks can also get AIP instead of stamping.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Well, I am referring to only student Visa and handful folks have received PP request I agree. In my upcoming batch, only 2 got the PP stamped but the rest around 7-8 folks received AIP. What I am trying to say that it is most likely Jan 21 intake gonna be online and these folks can also get AIP instead of stamping.
haha ok we have different opinions but hopefully we all get PP :)
How i think of it is ircc said AIP because they cannot process biometrics and medicals because of VAC closure. so when they open and can process biometrics of everyone technically they shouldn't give AIP because they already have all the info required.
Also dont forget sept students cant wait till Jan with AIP because they wont get a refund after october. So that is also something to consider.